Kicker security measures

Salty

So I had somebody cut all the cords and cables to my kicker, but luckily they couldn't get through the throttle cable, or got spooked, and left the motor on the boat. My question is, what do you guys do/use to secure your kickers? Mines mounted to a fixed aluminum bracket. Look forward to seeing what you guys use.

Salty
Here's what I have done after my 9.9 Honda was stolen years ago.
The stainless steel lock is made by Panther. Unless it's made better now, it took me less than a minute to open with a screw driver. I had mine welded! At the back of the bracket is a McGuard lock replacing one of the nuts.
I also have security cameras in my driveway.
Good luck
Stosh

Attachments

• IMG_0691.JPG
    IMG_0691.JPG
    238 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0692.JPG
    IMG_0692.JPG
    247 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0693.JPG
    IMG_0693.JPG
    211.6 KB · Views: 115
Not much you can do to protect it if they really want to steal unfortunately. You need layers of defense to slow them down and make it not worth the trouble. I have 3 different type of locks on mine and security camera and light.

A sawzall can steal a kicker or downrigger from a fibreglass boat in a very short time and write off your boat in the process. Removing the kicker and storing inside would be your best option.

I leave mine on the boat. I have a lock on the bolts that hold it to the kicker bracket. And I lock it with a heavy duty cable motorcycle lock to the trailer when the boat is stored.

I have a pretty good sized lock covering the mounts to the kicker bracket. But Last year I found that somebody had tried to take the kicker bracket apart while the boat was in storage on my property. Each nut on the kicker bracket is now permanently attached as I hammered the threads flat

Do what I used to do to my Christmas lights that were the closest to the street. The kids were always taking them out and smashing them on the road. I put a thin layer of Vaseline on them and they don't know what it is...in their minds snot. lol Maybe this would work on the kicker too lol

IMG_1594.JPG I've got the same security system at my place. I dare them to come in my yard, she knows who supposed to be there and who's not.
Why is it that pictures are always side ways?

I just added a few extra bolts with different sized heads right through my aluminum bracket which is glued to all hell to my swim grid. I've found my lines unhooked and the clamps undone before but I guess they couldn't be bothered witht the extra bolts. Ever since they reopened the coast guard station though theft has been a pretty non issue. Im literally 50' away from it.

Back