I Believe In Pod

Thinking about power, should I consider a lease return? Whats the best place to find them?

I would personally just get new and finance if money is your concern. Some dealers also will let you finance it with installation costs rigging etc. The warranty is usually worth it.

Put a good chunk money down and pay off rest later date.

Personallly your going to find lots of surprises as you go through podding. The rigging and wiring etc also adds up.

Leases returns are hit and miss.

I know when I got mine I made sure I got motor arranged way ahead time.

Last edited:
I would personally just get new and finance if money is your concern. Some dealers also will let you finance it with installation costs rigging etc. The warranty is usually worth it.

Put a good chunk money down youbwoukd spend on a lease and pay off rest later date.

Personallly your going to find lots of surprises as you go through podding. The rigging and wiring etc also adds up.

Leases returns are hit and miss.
Yeah having warranty is huge. Still have lots of time to look for a deal too.

Yeah having warranty is huge. Still have lots of time to look for a deal too.
Ya but big price to pay for a warranty, and time is factor, the dealer told me with a deposit, 3-6 months wait, not to many available, I was told every 3-4 months for preorder, that’s one dealer did not dig deeper into other dealers. The jackel repowered his north west tin, last year and it was 4-5 months if I remember right before it was ready to go for a swim

I put a deposit on a 300 from bridgeview the other day, the guy I was talking to was saying some new engines are pre selling into the next year. 40+ k and tax for new plus rigging is hard to swallow. And I try not to finance anymore. I’d prob have 500 hours by the time the warranty’s up haha.

Oh and they said it’s a refundable deposit when the sell the motor if you change your mind when the time comes

I put a deposit on a 300 from bridgeview the other day, the guy I was talking to was saying some new engines are pre selling into the next year. 40+ k for new plus rigging is hard to swallow. I’d prob have 500 hours by the time the warranty’s up haha.
Yup, 40 k with rigging and install for suke 300 I was quoted, I puked in my mouth when he told me the number, so hard to justify with the way our season is getting smaller and smaller, not to big on cruising, I own a boat to fish

Ya but big price to pay for a warranty, and time is factor, the dealer told me with a deposit, 3-6 months wait, not to many available, I was told every 3-4 months for preorder, that’s one dealer did not dig deeper into other dealers. The jackel repowered his north west tin, last year and it was 4-5 months if I remember right before it was ready to go for a swim
The Jackel still going strong I hope, used to share some great 🎣reports

Engine getting pulled now, had another good talk with DSS. Booking 3 weeks out. He said he’s never reinforced the transom for any of double eagles, Malibus etc. what is everyone’s opinions there?

He said he’s never reinforced the transom for any of double eagles, Malibus etc. what is everyone’s opinions there?
shouldnt need it as the go from port to starboard with the "bracket" never did with mine mine has 14 nuts and bolts and I think the were 1/2 inch you coud probally lift my whole boat up from pod realistaclly they are so over built. I would trust what he says

shouldnt need it as the go from port to starboard with the "bracket" never did with mine mine has 14 nuts and bolts and I think the were 1/2 inch you coud probally lift my whole boat up from pod realistaclly they are so over built. I would trust what he says
Thanks for the input wolf, I thought it would be solid enough and trust DSS.

Engine getting pulled now, had another good talk with DSS. Booking 3 weeks out. He said he’s never reinforced the transom for any of double eagles, Malibus etc. what is everyone’s opinions there?

Yep. Not needed. The way he does it he put a big backing plate anyway.

I am happy with work he did on mine.

This was my interior before and after. So gross that inboard when we yanked it.

Larry made an aluminum piece in back and the hatch cover. There is welded shelf in center door for storage.

Here are some pics. You can see backing plate in photos.

20220122_154802.jpg20220409_130613.jpg
20220604_152316.jpg
20230810_055030.jpg20220326_111022.jpg

Last edited:
Back