I Believe In Pod

let me know what you want for the inboard? i can remove it as well to cut some of the labor for you, thanks Dave
Thanks Dave, I’m still going through the insurance rigamarole, and it needs to be removed at the shop it’s at for them to find out if it’s covered yadayada. Thanks for the amazing offer and I’ll reach out and let you know once it’s out and if I’m able to let you have it.

Last edited:
Thanks Dave, I’m still going through the insurance rigamarole, and it needs to be removed at the shop it’s at for them to find out if it’s covered yadayada. Thanks for the amazing offer and I’ll reach out and let you know once it’s out and if I’m able to let you have it.
thank you,

I did on mine. The place though where I did mine does it properly though. Most of them skip steps. It has a layer of primer done first before powder and metal was also dipped and treated.

You can also epoxy it if you don't want to do that. I think raw aluminum pod looks like butt on white boat over time but each too their own.

The guy DSS uses if you go that route doesn't prime fis powdercoating. You have to specifically ask for it.

You can always paint on epoxy that's another way.

In my talk with DSS they offered the powder coat as an option but I don’t want to worry about it bubbling or flaking off.

In my talk with DSS they offered the powder coat as an option but I don’t want to worry about it bubbling or flaking off.

Yeah I used their powder guy because mine was busy. I paid extra for primer which wasnt much. I haven't had any issues but I am trailering. It never stays on water.

Yeah I used their powder guy but I paid extra for primer which wasnt much. I haven't had any issues but I am trailering. It never stays on water.
Yeah since mine sits in the water most of the time I think I’ll opt for no powder. Thanks guys

I don't care what kind of process you use to powedercoat aluminum. I've powder coated so many things on boats it's ridiculous. Does not hold up. All it does is makes a huge mess for a later date. Trailer queens are not as subseptable.

Epoxy then paint with quality polyurethane above waterline and bottom paint below proper prep is essential

Yeah if you must have a painted finish, poly is the only thing that will last. Like @Brando said above. Expensive but its quality

Yeah i did the expoy bottom coat looks great and to be honest who cares about powder coating ive seen SSSSOOOO many of them where 1 lil blimish or DING then it looks like crap !
its a fishing machine id rahter spend money on well other things, IF and its a BIG if it helped in performance but NO its just to make it look pretty do you think a fish cares LOL LOL. by the time you hang motors rigging tubes etc
I will say though I did put that stick on rubber sea deck knock off from amazon on it right away and it is still great after 3 years good .
Id do that before you even put it in water tha stuff is cheap and you can get so many colors now and patterns

Thinking about power, should I consider a lease return? Whats the best place to find them?

Back