I Believe In Pod

feel free to pm. hulls very similar to other deep v’s and is narrow. The aluminum brackets monaro uses imo are not good just a generic box that’s so short your motor can’t even tilt out of the water no swim grid and no extension of the planing surface. you’ll want a 250-300hp motor that’s going to be the expensive part the pod itself is relatively cheap in comparison.
Thanks man, I’m going 300 for sure, I’m usually pretty loaded up with friends and fam so I want the power.

Welcome to the club. Your going to have a lot of fun with that conversion and probably use your boat way more. I know I was skeptical with conversion but your going to find less time fiddling and more time enjoying it.

A few things I learned was how much crap and wiring you pull out when get rid of inboard. When you pull motor you will see what I mean. I literally ripped out my entire dash and made it way I wanted.

Get a decent pod builder. If your on island I used DSS welding in Duncan. Larry was pretty good. The pod I have has drain for pod abd one for bilge where inboard was. The pod I have is aluminum hull extension follows the bottom of boat and no step. And it should have lots of distance for motors to tilt up fully!

My only suggestion on what I learned was really try and do it right. Rear or remote second station steering is a must. Motor wise I love my suzukis... with a kicker you probably would want to go with a with a 20hp. Hydraulic steering is also must.

Make sure you get the hydraulic remote on kicker. Only thing I sort of missed on mine was a small boarding ladder on pod.

Also once it's podded you may have to shift some of the weight around a bit. It will float different with pod. If you don't have trim tabs install at same time.

Look forward to seeing your build.
Thanks a lot spring, I couldn’t agree more that I’m going to use it so much more, I already send DSS a message, thanks for the advice.

Also I will definitely be making a list of must haves, will make sure to put the boarding ladder on there.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot spring, I couldn’t agree more that I’m going to use it so much more, I already send DSS a message, thanks for the advice.

Also I will definitely be making a list of must haves, will make sure to put the boarding ladder on there.Dss is a regular at the marina and has an awesome reputation for pod and fabrication

E&D in Aerosmith , contact Breakers in Port, they have a local guy that does them too.
love my podded 25' baja. drives like a 27-28!!

80k??? Including power and all riging, plus a few nights at the 5?
Lol. Yeah I was pretty surprised. I mean it would end up looking factory if I went that route, but still seems like too much money to spent on an older boat.

Lol. Yeah I was pretty surprised. I mean it would end up looking factory if I went that route, but still seems like too much money to spent on an older boat.

So that 80k includes power? I chatted either them too and I really don't care for their pods, it's more of a bracket unless they are chopping your transom off and converting you to a 255 with a euro transom. When mine goes under the knife, I will be sending it to Stuart's yachts and he's fine to build a glass pod + grid all integrated and purdy looking

So that 80k includes power? I chatted either them too and I really don't care for their pods, it's more of a bracket unless they are chopping your transom off and converting you to a 255 with a euro transom. When mine goes under the knife, I will be sending it to Stuart's yachts and he's fine to build a glass pod + grid all integrated and purdy looking
Yeah it’s my understanding that was with power, but I had a number closer to 55 or so in my head from what others have reported. I think he meant the conversion to a 255, but to me that’s not worth it. I’d be more than happy with an aluminum pod. Stuart’s is real good from everything I’ve heard.

Who is the guy in Sooke that builds brackets? Alberni fisher had a couple built and the quality was great. With a 300hp motor you will be looking around 50k I suspect all in bracket, fibreglass hole, motor, rigging

Great thing is manaro transoms are about 3” thick from factory

Who is the guy in Sooke that builds brackets? Alberni fisher had a couple built and the quality was great. With a 300hp motor you will be looking around 50k I suspect all in bracket, fibreglass hole, motor, rigging

Great thing is manaro transoms are about 3” thick from factory
Ok nice that’s the number I had in my head, thanks salmon. That’s another thing about why I want to pod it, the hull is just so damn tough, I don’t think the transom will need any reinforcements (obviously I will do my due diligence), and it’s just such a rock solid boat.

Ok nice that’s the number I had in my head, thanks salmon. That’s another thing about why I want to pod it, the hull is just so damn tough, I don’t think the transom will need any reinforcements (obviously I will do my due diligence), and it’s just such a rock solid boat.
What was wrong with the inboard ??

What was wrong with the inboard ??
I don’t even know yet, steam started pouring out and I could see anything visibly wrong. And I was just off nanaimo so I went back in on the kicker to stones and they said you’ve been f*cked essentially, and that one of the mechanics I had been working with was installing automotive parts to cut costs and that this I/O is now garbage. Live and you learn, outboards for the rest of my days so I can do more of the maintenance and keep everything and everyone on board safer, spend less time in the shop or waiting to find someone to help work on my boat and more time on the water.

I don’t even know yet, steam started pouring out and I could see anything visibly wrong. And I was just off nanaimo so I went back in on the kicker to stones and they said you’ve been f*cked essentially, and that one of the mechanics I had been working with was installing automotive parts to cut costs and that this I/O is now garbage. Live and you learn, outboards for the rest of my days so I can do more of the maintenance and keep everything and everyone on board safer, spend less time in the shop or waiting to find someone to help work on my boat and more time on the water.

Yeah you will be happier in end. Know what that is like.

let me know what you want for the inboard? i can remove it as well to cut some of the labor for you, thanks Dave

Back