I am starting to think this is definitely an addiction!

Ground Tackle

Well, I think this boating hobby may be falling into an addiction - I bet many of you are saying well duh!! I am finding myself checking this site out more and more this winter already - normally once the boat is put to bed for the winter I have a tendency to unplug from boating stuff and pick it back up closer to spring when we start to gear up. But I am finding this year that is not happening and I am still checking into the site regularly and really enjoying the threads. But, this was the clincher though for me - we are doing some renos in our house over the next couple of months - these were supposed to be done a couple of years back but we opted to buy a bigger boat from what we had, then the bigger boat needed some upgrades, and then the bigger boat needed a new trailer and then the bigger boat needed and needed......you get my drift! So, finally this year the bigger boat for us (which I call our special child in the driveway), is sitting pretty good so finally my husband and I are doing these renovation upgrades in the house. Everyone is saying why are you starting all of this in December just prior to Christmas......my answer is not, well, this year with Covid what the heck since we aren't seeing anyone over the holidays.....nope, not that answer instead I am saying - its because we have a lot to do, both of us are working full time and this HAS TO BE ALL COMPLETED BY THE TIME BOATING SEASON STARTS!!! Ok.....so I think this answer says a lot - just maybe this is starting to fall into addiction category for me, LOL!! Happy holidays everyone.

I’m with you... If I fished as much as I was on here I’d be 10x better at fishing! Although I guess 10x0 still equals zero (sigh)

All I can say is if I was addicted to drugs or alcohol the way I'm addicted to boating/fishing, I would've been a dead man many many years ago.
All I can say is if I was addicted to drugs or alcohol the way I'm addicted to boating/fishing, I would've been a dead man many many years ago.
If addicted to booze and junk you would have free drugs Government handouts, be coddled and caressed. With a fishing or boating addiction you are shamed, locked out, shutout told to stay off the water and ignored by Government. Oh and No fishing for you!

Last edited:
If addicted to booze and junk you would have free drugs Government handouts, be coddled and caressed. With a fishing or boating addiction you are shamed, locked out, shutout told to stay off the water and ignored by Government. Oh and No fishing for you!
Morbidly accurate!

I keep telling my wife that. SHE'S LUCKY!
I do the same thing but her eyes roll. But seriously I don’t think I could afford to still drink and boat, much less fish! Merry Christmas and good luck with the renovations.
My son and I are heading out Sunday for an overnight trip to help a friend by setting some traps for him, so he can finally pull some prawns up and dungees on his home turf. Boating season doesn’t end it just gets longer every day from here on out!

Time to come clean for 2021. I’ve never admitted this, I’ve been an addict 45 years. I’ve seen the fuzzy white light at the end of the tunnel a couple of times after I OD’d.....catching a 30/40lb fish. But they said, it’s not your time, go back, seek more knowledge, knowledge that will help you land a 50lb+ fish. So here I am. Just one mans story, ‘Ol Vic Says‘.

Back