Hows this for family fishing weekend!

Lawman

I saw this off Mitlenatch island in the Rockfish conservation area. 16 people in one boat fishing illegally. I reported them today, anyone recognize the boat?

5wclzk

in case image does not work http://tinyurl.com/5wclzk

6xunju

in case image does not work http://tinyurl.com/6xunju

@#$%^:(

Try to explain that boat to the authorities. Think they didn't know what they were doing?

Holy #$% can you imagine the carnage that must have done in the closed area????????????

Definitely a unique boat....you would think it may not be all that hard to track down.

Absolutely brutal....I can just hear the "plea" when confronted. :(

The first picture CA certainly looks like Mittlenatch with the gap between Hernando and Savary in the background. It looks like all 18 are sporting nice little trout rods.[8D]

I read Primetime II on the side of the boat. It certainly is unique, and perhaps with a targetted campaign, someones very expensive investment could be put out of commission.

I would suggest Lawman getting a copy of this picture and story to as many local media outlets as possible. With many eyes look for this rather unique boat that appears set up for factory fishing, the harder it will be for them to continue. I don't trust DFO to do anything unless they are pushed or embarassed to act.

Sorry about the distortion CA, but it was zoomed to about 450mm. The bacground is in fact Hernando with Mittlenatch on the left. I have a more zoomed out shot at http://tinyurl.com/3vywbu

I was within 50' of them at one point but waited to photo cuz there was 16 of them and 4 of us, and they had a fast boat and mine, well not so fast. This was taken of the SW corner of Mittlenatch in about 250' of water at about 2PM Sunday. I never uploaded all the photos cuz not everyone here likes the baby seals!

I'm new to forum,Lawman,but police might follow up if you said you saw the boat Prime Time(with description)throwing dismembered feet w running shoes into the water,just a thought.

The people on board seem to be all the same nationality. Looks like they are Scottish.

Second best post I have seen in months Brisco. One thing I noticed in the pictures was the absence of registration numbers on the boat. I would also suggest contacting the RCMP or coast Guard.

quote:Originally posted by Brisco

The people on board seem to be all the same nationality. Looks like they are Scottish.

Yup, the haggis eating savages continue to plunder...
if you look carefully you can almost see the color of their kilts !
:D

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg

"Create memories of BC's world famous Southwest coast aboard our 40 mph Primetime II like you've never experienced before.Swim in the crystal clear waters.Ride the ocean beside dolphins and whales.Watch the eagles soar in the sky above.Dine on locally inspired cuisine while admiring sunsets reflecting on glassy waters.Camp by fire under the stars and fall asleep to the sounds of a waterfall.Departing Saltery Bay south of Powell River,experience one- of- a kind adventure into the world's most beautiful coastline with our experienced crew."

Hmmmm.[:0]

I have not seen the boat in Saltery Bay since I have been back this year. So, I am not sure where it is headed out of now. Its a long run from Saltery to Mittlenach.

Indisputable fact is that they have been caught, on film, in an illegal act? The pictures are clear enough to identify some, if not all, occupants of the boat. Over to the authorities to take action. If the authorities duck their responsibility because the boat was maned by 'Scots' then the authority is no longer credible in my book.
Tom

Back