Howe Sound Prawning

CanadianBacon

New here, long time lurker...

Interested how everyone is doing prawning in Howe Sound from Roger Curtis up to Gambier? Saw a guy on the dock did well south west side of Bowen, with the commercial closed until June 4 going to head out next day or two to drop a couple lines will report back.

Interested how everyone is doing prawning in Howe Sound from Roger Curtis up to Gambier? Saw a guy on the dock did well south west side of Bowen, with the commercial closed until June 4 going to head out next day or two to drop a couple lines will report back.
Oh man I hope that guy wasn't me...

Are you at reed point by chance?

Haha well then! Glad it wasn't me I guess? Sounds like you're the cards held close type - Aren't there lots of prawn in the sea?
Tons. And plenty of great info on here about what to look for when fishing for them. I for one really enjoyed finding my own spots away from the crowds. But yes I always prawn around Bowen. Or right off the Sunshine Coast. Right next to both.

Fair! Have been reading through the posts for a while. Wasn't looking to steal someone's spot as much as see how others were doing, have been around there and north of Passage tons prawning last 5-8 years, but haven't been out since my traps were lost/taken midway through last year. Looking forward to it.

Fair! Have been reading through the posts for a while. Wasn't looking to steal someone's spot as much as see how others were doing, have been around there and north of Passage tons prawning last 5-8 years, but haven't been out since my traps were lost/taken midway through last year. Looking forward to it.
It's better than I've ever seen right now. I've never caught prawns this big. Resized_20200516_150107.jpeg

Enjoy them now June 5th will be gone
I already stored my traps for the season. Freezer is full. Might take a couple up to desolation this summer but I'm done locally. The boat is officially in summer lounge mode now.

Back