April 1 Fishing Regs-sell your Boats!!

spring fever

Just out-no good surprises

Category(s):
RECREATIONAL - Salmon

Fishery Notice - Fisheries and Oceans Canada

Subject: FN0345-RECREATIONAL - Salmon - Chinook - Areas 11 to 28, 29, 111, 121 to 127 - Chinook Management Measures - Effective April 1, 2021

To address conservation concerns for at-risk Fraser River Chinook stocks, DFO is continuing precautionary reductions in commercial, recreational and First Nations’ fisheries to support conservation of these stocks. This Fishery Notice provides the interim recreational fishery management measures to provide protection to at-risk Fraser River Chinook stocks in Areas 11 to 28, 29, 121 to 127. The plan is to start the 2021 fishing season (beginning April 1, 2021) with measures in place at the beginning of last season, until further notice. As these are interim measures, a further announcement on possible revised management actions will be announced in a subsequent fishery notice.

The management measures for Fraser Chinook are outlined below.

Southern BC Recreational Fisheries:

West Coast Vancouver Island (WCVI) Subareas 20-1 and 20-2, Area 121, as well as Areas 123 to 127 seaward of a Boundary Line located approximately one (1) nautical mile from the surfline:

00:01 hours April 1, 2021 until further notice, Chinook non-retention.

For the full definition of the Boundary Line in Areas 123 to 127, please see the bottom of this fishery notice. Chinook daily limits remain at two (2) per day shoreward of this boundary line.

Queen Charlotte and Johnstone Straits (Subareas 12-1 to 12-13, 12-15 to 12-48):

Strait of Georgia - North - Areas 13 to 17, Area 28, and Subareas 29-1 and 29-2 (excluding those portions listed as closed below):

00:01 hours April 1, 2021 until further notice, Chinook non-retention;

Strait of Georgia - South and Juan de Fuca - Area 18, Subareas 19-3 to 19-12, 20-3 to 20-7, and Subareas 29-3 to 29-5 and 29-8 (excluding those portions listed as closed below):

Portions of Southern Strait of Georgia, Howe Sound and Burrard Inlet – Subareas 28-7 to 28-9; Subarea 28-1, and that portion of Subarea 28-2 that lies southerly of a line drawn due East from Halkett Point on Gambier Island (49 26.735’N, 123 19.302’W) to a point (49 26.550’N, 123 14.317’W) on the mainland corresponding with the Southeast point of the Lions Bay RCA; and those portions of 29-3 to 29-5 that lie East of a line from Gower Point (49 23.021’N, 123 32.166’ W) near Gibsons to Shah Point on the Southern tip of Valdes Island (49 01.695’N, 123 35.721’W):

April 1, 2021 until further notice: No fishing for Chinook;

Approaches to Fraser River - Subareas 29-6, 29-7, 29-9 to 29-17 and the non-tidal waters of the Fraser River from Mission Bridge to the confluence with Sawmill Creek:

January 1 to November 1: No fishing for Salmon (Note: Fishing opportunities for specific salmon stocks may be considered at a later date)

For clarity, Chinook retention is permitted in Areas 11, 21 to 27, 111, Subarea 12-14, and those portions of Areas 123 to 127 shoreward of a Boundary Line located approximately one (1) nautical mile seaward of the surfline.

Definition: Boundary Line for Areas 123 to 127

The Boundary Line is approximately one (1) nautical mile seaward of the surfline and is defined as follows:

Same as last year, I can live with it
Point is we shouldnt have too , complete bullcrap and minister is a dumbass , and you watch nets will be in river AGAIN..."data" proves we dont impact and we should have a MARKED fishery again they ignored the data. terrible news for our coast and especially the small operators, and worst the rec guys...

Point is we shouldnt have too , complete bullcrap and minister is a dumbass , and you watch nets will be in river AGAIN...
You got that right, nets already In the river lol, 2 sets of rule in this province. It’s BS for sure but I can live with it I guess, FFS I been wearing a mask for over a year lol

I’m not sure how much punishment and abuse this country will take and keep these guys in power,, like wow man. They are just nailing every traditional industry and business into the ground. When for Gods sake did it become the governments policy and directive to kill business and industry. Like come on people, when is the west going to take control or our territory and stop the bleeding from the east.

I’m not sure how much punishment and abuse this country will take and keep these guys in power,, like wow man. They are just nailing every traditional industry and business into the ground. When for Gods sake did it become the governments policy and directive to kill business and industry. Like come on people, when is the west going to take control or our territory and stop the bleeding from the east.
Unfortunately to many liberals in this country( snowflakes) like I like to call them. Eating lettuce, solar power and smoking weed is all they want

This **** started long before the libs were In power. Wasn’t it Harper and the conservatives that started muzzling the scientists? Now It’s every party. You and me don’t matter. It’s all about how much and how fast they can line their pockets.

Last edited:
I stand to be corrected but is this just interim (until April 15th) as DFO had announced that they would not be making any firm decisions until April 15th? Or, is this the final decision?

Wishful thinking?

This **** started long before the libs were In power. It’s every party.
Not this bad and I’m not just talking about the fishing it’s all traditional industries that are taking a beating from them. Wait until the taxes all kick in. Are you even thinking about how much our consumer prices on everything including all the service we depend on to go fishing are going to go up. Does any of this even sink in. We will get to the point and not to far off even if we could we won’t be able to afford more than a couple fishing outings a year. Excess capital is going to get tight for everyone. They are clueless clowns making deep penetrating mistakes on all fronts.

It is not final decision. The department defaults to last years regs until a decision is made in this years IFMP. The feeedback for IFMP closes April 9th. After that we wait for decision from the minister. If your mad at anyone you can thank your enviro groups (MCC Caucus) for stalling the process. They do not want a marked fishery, and trying everything to stop the proposal. This happens every year nothing different.

Not this bad and I’m not just talking about the fishing it’s all traditional industries that are taking a beating from them. Wait until the taxes all kick in. Are you even thinking about how much our consumer prices on everything including all the service we depend on to go fishing are going to go up. Does any of this even sink in. We will get to the point and not to far off even if we could we won’t be able to afford more than a couple fishing outings a year. Excess capital is going to get tight for everyone. They are clueless clowns making deep penetrating mistakes on all fronts.
I agree. Mostly. Everything already gone up on price so much I can’t believe it. But, your mistaken if you don’t think It’s all parties. Every. Single. One. I only mention Harper and the conservatives because they made no effort to hide their anti science stance.

Point is we shouldnt have too , complete bullcrap and minister is a dumbass , and you watch nets will be in river AGAIN..."data" proves we dont impact and we should have a MARKED fishery again they ignored the data. terrible news for our coast and especially the small operators, and worst the rec guys...

They don't care about us....
it's all political and we don't have a loud enough voice.
you can bet DFO are dialed into every squeak they get
from the other side.

They don't care about us....
it's all political and we don't have a loud enough voice.
you can bet DFO are dialed into every squeak they get
from the other side.

the conservatives are listening to us and helping out with videos but that’s seems hard for some on here to accept.

the nDP also helped with signing the letter.

the conservatives are listening to us and helping out with videos but that’s seems hard for some on here to accept.
How? Hopes and prayers? Lol I’m no lib supporter but I bailed on the Conservative party when they threw science under the bus and became the Canadian GOP. I’ll never go back to them.

This letter was sent to the minister. The blame lies squarely with this group. After this letter was sent the deadline for the IFMP was changed to April 9th.

1617065009356.png

1617065034246.png

1617065060733.png

1617065087691.png

I agree. Mostly. Everything already gone up on price so much I can’t believe it. But, your mistaken if you don’t think It’s all parties. Every. Single. One. I only mention Harper and the conservatives because they made no effort to hide their anti science stance.
And what good is that science doing us please tell me. They are using that science against us. Did it ever clue in to any of you that maybe Harpers people saw this coming, did it ever dawn on you guys that they saw the writing on the wall. Damn I’m sure glad Trudeau increased the scientists and their budget cause it’s sure cleared a lot of stuff up for us, sure putting fish in the water, it’s sure helping out all those businesses in the coast,

They care more about a couple damn whales than they do about human beings and their lives and livelihoods. Those whales have more political clout than we do. Thousands of businesses and thousands of people depend on that fishery and with a swipe of an idiot scientists pen it’s all gone. Well done gentlemen well done.

the nDP also helped with signing the letter.
Of course they are helping. They want votes and some people are angry. But people have short memories. The conservatives have gutted dfo for years. The libs did not **** the salmon over the last 4. They are trying to conserve what's left. I dont agree with everything they are doing... but I think they are trying on this front.

This letter was sent to the minister. The blame lies squarely with this group. After this letter was sent the deadline for the IFMP was changed to April 9th.

View attachment 63788

View attachment 63789

View attachment 63790

View attachment 63791
I dont disagree with most of this. We will have an impact on wild stocks. The question is will we have a big enough impact on them for it to matter. I'd like to see the nets kept out of the fraser. Nets in the fraser 100 percent catch species at risk

Back