How to tie a stinger hook on your spoon

I usually tie it off the bottom ring, a smaller size treble. Don't often use one but have in the past a couple times when we were losing everything! Don't really think it's a good idea when lots of shakers are around.

Well if your missing bites probably small fish , all you need is a nice big single . sometimes you dont get every fish....

Well if your missing bites probably small fish , all you need is a nice big single . sometimes you dont get every fish....
He Wolf, if you add weight by extra swivel and ring, can you get the muted action back by bending the spoon more? Or is trolling speed required your biggest concern when adding that weight?

I dont use a swivel. I think you would miss even more with out it fixed as the hook can roll then , fish comes up takes a bite bit rolls your not going to get it.. a fix hook is more stable IMO. I look at how the old timers on commercial boats fished the slapped on a big hook on a spoon and always had GREAT success. I get many a fish on the AP spoons now sometimes out fishing bait I do however always off set my hooks now . I personally think we lose more fish now as barbless hooks for the few that do run them.

I dont use a swivel. I think you would miss even more with out it fixed as the hook can roll then , fish comes up takes a bite bit rolls your not going to get it.. a fix hook is more stable IMO. I look at how the old timers on commercial boats fished the slapped on a big hook on a spoon and always had GREAT success. I get many a fish on the AP spoons now sometimes out fishing bait I do however always off set my hooks now . I personally think we lose more fish now as barbless hooks for the few that do run them.
You are not the first one to suggest the AP spoons sometimes out-fish bait.

Back