Drilling into I-beam for stern tie-downs.

I have the aluminum I-beam with the carriage-bolt channel but I had tabs made of bent 1/4” thick aluminum bar material to fasten to it for tie -down attachment. Prior to getting these made my straps were getting frayed on the trim tabs as well.
Another option would be a small DIY beam clamp to fasten an attachment eye to the trailer.

@JWS Where are you located? I probably have the materials on hand to fab something up if you’re in the lower mainland, and you’re interested in that sort of solution

Reactions: JWS
Another option would be a small DIY beam clamp to fasten an attachment eye to the trailer.

@JWS Where are you located? I probably have the materials on hand to fab something up if you’re in the lower mainland, and you’re interested in that sort of solution
Appreciate the offer, although I’m on gabriola, so a little inconvenient

If you haven’t done it yet put a ubolt over the frame and an eye on the top plate of ubolt and you can put it where it works for you

Ubolts come with rounded or flat ends and just a flat bar on the other end two holes for bolting and one for the eye

You guys are waaay over thinking this problem. A simple rope around the cross member and back to the boat tie down and problem solved. That boat ain't going anywhere and there's no hole drilling involved. She ain't pretty, but a little good ol Canadian engineering simply works.
100% lol

Back