Guide's day off - Albie fishing

time to bring outriggers to the bc coast hey boys [8D]

img3937n.jpg

so in case we do get out for tuna do you "net" these things or hand line 'em in as we have 200lb leader like the commercial trollers?

'

lordofthesprings

Yep, she's a gaff show, can handbomb the smaller guys no prob also.

Last time out we ran 8 rods - two off outriggers, two from downriggers, for in holders on surface. Dragging two chains about 10 feet behind as well to help create more of a comotion.

Ran riggers at 49 and 39 feet, caught 4 of our 11 fish off it.

Scream along and create a commotion! Most fun I've had on our water in a while! Hope to get out once more before I take off on holiday next week.

Gimee the gaff!!!

Hey Jeff.
It was good to run into you guys out there the other day. Big ocean,but not really. It was good for the two times we were out this year.Got lots to learn and will be better prepared for next year.
The bulk of tuna have moved way west. JT may be going on Sunday though. I think I am done for the year.Tight Lines.
Ken

www.rockypointcharters.ca

Sure thing Ken!

We are off the dock at 4am again tomorrow morning for one last kick at the can... the tuna can!

Meeting the guru Fishtofino out there somewhere again! Watch for our reports...:D

Gimee the gaff!!!

Good luck out there Osama, Fishtofino, and crew. KONG em [:p]:D!!!

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

Thanks for the video Juandesooka,great stuff,gets the fishing blood going.

I have been following these threads and wondering is this just a september fishery ? Sounds like a blast with the right gear and boat. thanks for any input. Roy.

Tuna tuesday was a beauty weatherwise...

However the tuna did sorta win...

We got 2. Friggin beauties though, 25 and 28lbs respectively. Those were off the hop and we thought we were golden.

Amazing weather and the most amazing dolphin/porpoise/right whale show I've ever experienced! Hundreds upon hundreds finning the surface, leaping about and playing in the boats wake. It was wild. More humpies concentrated on an area than I've personally witnessed and I have dealt with my fair share of whales...

Great season capper. Really couldn't have asked for more. Thanks to skipper Don, C.S. and ronron for a terrific day on the water. Thanks to Tofinoguy for pluggin us in. Thanks to the other Tofino boats out there fishin' and chatting. Love doing this gonna organize an event at Mills Landing next year for mid-Sept. Should the current screw us there is always some other great critters to chase.

Gimee the gaff!!!

I was out on tofino's boat yesterday, what a day as osama said, no question about when those things hit, it's just whizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz for like 2 minutes straight. [:0]

we're all dreaming about the next chance at 'em

ya tuna won, but we captured a pretty nice specimen though

I concur with Osama and Firelight. It was a great day except for the fact that the temp break moved on us overnight and we never really found it although we found out later someone else found them and never alerted us :(. Thanks to Odsama and his crew for joining our expeditions amd working with us. I know it's not his thing to be on the radio like that and i appreciate it. Have a great vacation with your lady. Also thanks to Firelight for joining our crew of crazy Tofino guides blowing off steam as a yearended. Having you out a couple of times i can say that you are a great guy to have as a fishing partner. Unfortunately i blew up one of my motors out there [:0] (31 miles from land) and i won't be repowering until the Spring, so my boat is oficially parked until then. Bring on the Sturgeon in October and the Marlin and Yellowfins in December. [:p]

THANKS FOR THE PIC'S!!!! Congrats fella's thanks for posting them up[8D].

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

Good on you guys!!Would love to give that a try up here having done it in Mexico. I was all for it until I heard about the blown motor!! I have always been a proponent of a large single if possible coupled with an adequate kicker and I couldn't see where I would ever need twins for my Orca. Man! it would have been a 4 hr trip 31 miles home on the kicker if that happened to me. Pause to think on it!! Thanks for the tale and all the pics!!!

th_fishing2006026.jpg

quote:Originally posted by spring fever

Man! it would have been a 4 hr trip 31 miles home on the kicker if that happened to me. Pause to think on it!! Thanks for the tale and all the pics!!!

th_fishing2006026.jpg

That 4 hours would be in flat calm seas. If your bucking the tide, current, and swell you could easily double that or more with a 10-15 hp kicker;). Shawn was fortunate in this situation that he runs twins. I think he said he was doing 13-15 mph with the single 135. I have looked into running twins on my boat but I can't seem to get it to work because of the extra weight without adding ton's of floatation somehow:).

Back