Guide's day off - Albie fishing

Aces

On Friday the planets aligned. Day off, good weather, good temperature break and recent intel prodded a couple of buddies and myself to give 'er a whirl out on what Nog calls "the big pond". After a LONG run we were on the grounds for some exciting Tuna fishing. I became addicted to this fishery in Mexico and BC has some great fishing in a short window. The pics say it all, folks. [:p]

http://s701.photobucket.com/albums/ww16/tofinoguy/?action=view&current=Sept310Albies019.jpg
http://s701.photobucket.com/albums/ww16/tofinoguy/?action=view&current=Sept310Albies019.jpg

Sorry, i'm having pic posting problems, hope the show.

What a riot, Kelly. When you get on to them you get doubles, triples and we even had a quad!! [:p]

quote:Originally posted by C.S.

Just back from tuff city,awsome fishin to be had at Portland!

Shawn,I gave your buddy's $50 for 2 of those tuna on friday night...you get your cut?

Had it on the BBQ late last night[:p]

th_P4150080.jpg

That must have been at the Weigh West. All of our fish went to Trilogy for cold smoking and/or vac packing. They sure are tasty, huh? Glad you had good fishing. [:p]

Some of the most FUN you can ever have with your cloths on!! [}:)]

Totally Cool to see you got out there. Still kicking myself for not making the run earlier!
How far out? Barkley canyon?

Wondering,
Nog

quote:Originally posted by IronNoggin

Some of the most FUN you can ever have with your cloths on!! [}:)]

Totally Cool to see you got out there. Still kicking myself for not making the run earlier!
How far out? Barkley canyon?

Wondering,
Nog
Nog....... that's we were saying about the clothes [:p]. We started out outside of Loudan Canyon once we found a temp break ( 47 miles )and trolled east until we found them in 58.5 degree bluewater - about halfway to Barkley Canyon. If the temps hold we are going to try again after this wind dies. cheers

Congratulations-looks like quite the day-nice weather and a fabulous load of fat Albies!Wish I was there.

Thanks for the great pics, I really enjoyed them. I do not catch much myself but love to see pics of those who do catch.:D

IMG_1445.jpg

here's some more pics.
Sept310Albies037.jpg

Bloody Decks [}:)]

Sept310Albies034.jpg

One of many doubles

Sept310Albies006.jpg

Nuff said

Sept310Albies023.jpg

Coming in

Sept310Albies027.jpg

Weapons of mass destruction

Sept310Albies042.jpg

The final count [:p]

Did i mention that there's no limits :D

quote:Originally posted by C.S.

Just back from tuff city,awsome fishin to be had at Portland!

[/IMG]

It was "combat" fishing out there on Saturday.....big seas.....and a few springs to be had. Only 3 of us ran out on Saturday morning...many more boats turned back.

Humpbacks were everywhere....lots of bait out there....lotsa birds.....just tough conditions to fish in.

As for the tuna....I watched them unloading.....heck of a haul.

Congrats Shawn....[8D]

Have you hugged a Gorby today??? ;P

quote:Originally posted by r.s craven

quote:Originally posted by LastChance

47 miles eh? Hmmmmmmm.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

Gotta be pretty confident in yer rig to make that one !
He has basically the same boat as myself - he could do it easily. You also need faith in your crew (mine was hand picked) and your companion boat (all experienced offshore guides as we are).

I'm hoping to get out 1 more time before they move out - maybe with some other members??? [:p]

Right on buddy!!!![:p]:D.

Man oh man I would have gave my left you know what to have been there. I would love to do a trip but I can't make it during the week right now[V]. If there still around and the weather co-op's on the weekend I'm in.

Great thread Shawn and congrats big time to you and all involved[8D].

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

I forgot all about tuna until this thread ... last year there was some tuna fishing talk on here that got everyone hot and bothered, then it faded away. Good on you for making it happen!

If you're looking for people to fill out a crew, I'd be there in a flash. Would do my best to be the best guest ever, swab decks, cook lunch, etc ... getting into some tuna is the dream! [:p]

Back