Guide's day off - Albie fishing

quote:Originally posted by juandesooka

If you're looking for people to fill out a crew, I'd be there in a flash. Would do my best to be the best guest ever, swab decks, cook lunch, etc ... getting into some tuna is the dream! [:p]

x2!!! :D

Have you hugged a Gorby today??? ;P

quote:Originally posted by Tailspin

Rambler,

throw up some of your tuna pics from last week.

www.tailspincharters.com

Rambler you there? Would love to see some more albie shots from our Canadian waters:).

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

We went out from Bamfield Yesterday morning. Left my dock at 4am and were about 25 miles out at daylight. At about 50 miles the fog started to thin out and the water started to warm up. I was looking for the 58 degree water but when it hit 56.5 we slowed the boat and put gear out. First fish was right away, then another 15 minutes later. Makes me think I could have started sooner. It wasn't fast and furious but we had doubles and a triple header. Had never done it before so I think we did ok for a couple of new guys on the first try. We put 10 in the boat in 4 hours. Choppy water made it hard to see any surface activity but we saw one shark. Most of our fishing was 60 miles off Cape Beale in the Barkley Canyon. Never saw another boat until we ran into 12 draggers and a factory ship on the edge of the canyon on our way back. Total trip miles was 175. Pack lots of fuel and know your range and go for it. It was a blast for sure.
Bod

www.rockypointcharters.ca

Nice work, Ken. Congrats.

welcome to the " DARK SIDE " [}:)]

I hope you took some pics

Awesome Ken,

Good stuff for sure...i'll tell Murray and the boys at the hatchery on Sunday.

Actually I'll tell murray you used that cash for gas money;)

Getbent

Cheers Guy

quote:Originally posted by Bod

Going to try again on Monday. Any one around Bamfield that wants to tag along let me know.
Ken

Congrats on your first trip big time Bod[:p]:D. Look forward to your report from Monday. Please take some photos and post em up. We don't get to see B.C. albie shots very often[8D]!

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

quote:Originally posted by Bod

Going to try again on Monday. Any one around Bamfield that wants to tag along let me know.
Ken

A boat from Tofino was fishing west of you guys yesterday - near where we were and got 27 [:p]. I'm hoping go on Monday as well but havn't got a companion boat secured yet. I'll e you tonight

quote:Originally posted by Osama Bin Hopper

We are coming in Dons boat Monday Ken.

Give you a call to solidify departure time.

Gimee the gaff!!!

A few guys I know in Renfrew are thinking of heading out on Mon or Tues. I understand more boats are better, not just for safety in numbers, but to attract more fish? So if you want to connect up with them, send me a PM, and I'll give you their contacts details.

Good Luck Ken

May stop by next weekend for a pop ,[:eek:)].. check the photos out...

Felix

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

Terrible news Ken! Is there still a boat on your end that was gonna go or is it your rig thats a no go altogether?

Gimee the gaff!!!

Congrat's big time OBH:)[:p]!!! Can't wait for the pic's:D. This damn work thing during the weather window's is killing me[V].

why do they use leadhead jigs as opposed to just large hootchie's for tuna? they put them on the downrigger right?

lordofthesprings

also me and the skipper are heading out for salmon early sat- overnight to sunday - would like to get out for tuna as well if we could partner up sat or sunday we have a 22' welded alum with 2 gps and lots of fuel email or call 250-927-9875 or 954 7024 we'll also be on ch68 call bruce and mike

lordofthesprings

Back