Glass replacement

DirtyDog

Crew Member
Looking for recommendations to replace port windshield glass on my Silver Streak Phantom SE, cracked top to bottom in the middle. AJR won’t do it, they only manufacture.
Thanks ,

If you can, make sure the interlayer thickness between the 2 pieces of glass is the same on the replacement piece. The tint may be off a bit too, they are hard to match but you might not notice it.

If you can, make sure the interlayer thickness between the 2 pieces of glass is the same on the replacement piece. The tint may be off a bit too, they are hard to match but you might not notice it.
Looks pretty green. It likely won't be a readily available 6mm laminate.

Out of curiosity I wonder if insurance would cover this?
Yes, but debatable if it's worth claiming.

$1850 plus tax for glass replacement

$1400 deductible on insurance which will give you a 20% increase on your renewal, that claim surcharge will be for 5 years. Over 5 years that claim would cost $2800 and up.

Better to save the claim for something catastrophic?

Try calling Randy at the glass station. He told me that if it's made out of glass they can do it. Worth a check.

Shoutout to SteelyDan for recommending the Glass Station. Finally got glass replaced at a somewhat reasonable cost.

Thanks!
Had to replace mine on my Trophy last year after a road trip to Hardy from TC. Rock from a dump truck. $435 from a glass shop in Hardy

Back