Fugly-2 -Less Fugly-The rebirth of a Legend...

If you would quit drinking the dang pilsner you would figure all this out on your own. :D

I told him to switch to Lucky but he's stuck in his ways lol:rolleyes:. He was in good shape today:p.The gal is just about ready to take a bath :).

That hull is solid! All the holes drilled in the transom for the kicker showed zero signs of rot. The shavings came out like it was new. Lot's of Sika being used as well which was nice to see:cool:. You and the boyz are doing a great job Jeff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks man lucky to have friends well immersed in boat setup techniques , i took the plunge and mounted the gps/Finder n VHF after you left ... Should have all the wiring cleaned up tomorrow and re-install swim grid / re-boarding device to port side...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man lucky to have friends well immersed in boat setup techniques , i took the plunge and mounted the gps/Finder n VHF after you left ... Should have all the wiring cleaned up tomorrow and re-install swim grid / re-boarding device to port side...

Right on buddy. Post pic's when she is done :cool:. Your prop guard will be done tomorrow near the end of the day ;).

Thanks dmurp, along with Sculpins fabrication skills ,my buddy Murrs pretty handy, learned alot from the old bugger over the years..

Good to have great friends with boat knowledge when you are knee deep in a project like yours Jeffy. Looking good, can't wait to see the electronics finished.

I mounted and wired the sound/gps & vhf
7c175c5aff3342cf2622b4435bd5ae8f.jpg
911c51f0cb62f10e16bdc0aa05316bb6.jpg
e25c4be3dc7ad8436e23abb2f127b4d1.jpg
ad3fe2d66061eeb99dc375455ebac917.jpg
just still need to wire the gps to the vhf .. Might have to call in the big guns on this one

Jeffy,
just use a short Lowrance Ethernet cord

Lowrance cord from gps to back of ICOM vhf M234 ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe think about gunning the driver side sleeper and replace with a pedestal ?
will give you a whole lot more room.

I Would but it is a three piece boat and the inside piece comes right up to the seats and is the pedestal, new seats down the road a bit and a new soft-top

Lowrance cord from gps to back of ICOM vhf M234 ?

oops sorry misunderstood, thought you were looking to just hook the 2 head units together,
your going to have to wire in the nmea 0183 wires which is real easy,
I'll post up connection chart for you

Big.griff your pic never showed, i have the colour code for the vhf just cant seem to find the code for the hds gen 2 gps/finder
5c1e2f8d322bc707f5636b44131cfb91.jpg

I think all your after is to provide GPS co-ords for the vhf correct?
if so then you only have to hook up a couple wires.
here goes

you will need to cut off the connector on the nmea harness coming out of the radio, should be the harness below the antenna socket.
the green wire from the radio connects to the Blue wire of the HDS nmea harness,
the Yellow wire from the radio connects to the yellow wire of the HDS nmea harness,
this will give GPS output to the radio.

I thought the m324 radio had a built in GPS no?

oops I see the M324G has built in gps, might want to double the the model #

Ya the one with the built in gps was 50$ more, if i understand it correctly if i held down the distress button for 3 seconds it would broadcast my gps location and my mmsi number to coast
guard , but being that i wanted to save 50 i need to provide the gps from my hds 5 thru the 0183 connection you gave me the colour code to above..

Back