Fugly-2 -Less Fugly-The rebirth of a Legend...

Think i might have stripped my steering helm when trendsetter and i were freeing up the stuck cable in the tilt tube, motor steers fine right and left but if i put too much pressure it clicks and jumps a rung on the cable, new helm or tela-flex cable or both??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Entire kit is under $200 and was redesigned years ago. It helps remove torque steer and unwanted steering. It's now built to be a poor mans hydrolic steering. I bought it two years ago.

[h=3]No FeedBack Technology[/h]Most steering systems in our catalog are available as standard or No FeedBack (NFB) types. No FeedBack isolates the driver from the engine’s torque. With traditional steering systems, the engine has a tendency to turn to the right, which the driver compensates for by keeping pressure to the left on the wheel. This also allows the boat to turn rapidly to the right should the driver lose his/her grip on the wheel, resulting in a dangerously tight turn.
NFB helms have a clutch mechanism built in which keeps the boat on course without constant fighting. The only time you feel the engine’s torque is when you turn the helm. There are no disadvantages to the NFB systems, other than a modest $40.00 additional cost over regular systems, and we heartily recommend them if you are replacing your steering system. NFB cannot be used with PowerAssist or autopilots.

i was reading about that, will have to see, sure it is fine to take it for a scoot but I wouldn't want to have to dodge a sunken log at highspeed n then just here click click...., steering is something you just don't want to mess with...of course it rears its ugly head as soon as I have my starboard mounted kicker bolted snugly in place....it will have to come back off to be able to remove the steering cable...

Last edited by a moderator:
When buying a new cable it was like $30 more to buy the entire kit. The only question I had was why not.... So I changed it. It's a simple install. 1-1.5 hours max

Finished the electronics
1f92c8e2a53fbcc141cd34ab54c956c5.jpg
7b8c8d03c4864665222fc9ba31478c68.jpg
pretty stoked....ready to dunk it in the chuck

Right on Jeff. Go get her wet and I hope you can steer your way home lol (probably want to get that new kit real soon). You can always steer with the kicker :).

Have fun!!!

I just phoned ya.. Busy guy..lol , transducer is mounted just going to chandler to get new hardware to reverse swimstep...

I was looking for the same steering components for my boat. Just located the teleflex steering on sale at Cabelas if you are interested for $149.

Thanks man, i have a rack helm coming from Buzzbomb then i just have to order a cable.. Beauty day out here
1b11d50f7dff013c34c8455828d17904.jpg
cebbb2cc9459033651bb88fa0dc8ac83.jpg

Looks pretty good Jeff.... BTW I have this manual here for your main motor your welcome to it..next time I see John since he bumps into you often I will give it to him..I don't need it anymore...

Boat ran pretty good, no blood yet, hopefully this weekend gotta swap out steering setup soon but other then that im pretty happy, trolls nice.. Time to wash some gear

Great pics bud and it was good talking to you about the test drive :).

Last edited by a moderator:
0a40e839e35d2259e378df088b7b11a6.jpg
swim step reversed for port side and fire extinguisher mounted
42f989ec9fa8c5f7d9fb74fa5df3897b.jpg
, also adjusted the Transducer

It lays flat on the floor , was going to put it up front but here it is accessible to all onboard, plenty of room to walk past it i fig.

Back