Fugly-2 -Less Fugly-The rebirth of a Legend...

I was thinking of that, also call me crazy but i was thinking of flush mounting the two hds and the icom vhf..., would be a nice clean look i think.., was also thinking of a digital voltage gauge in dash, i have one now but it plugs into the accessory plug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

74b6db803ea0aa0b9377df9549eb8e71.jpg
dash has a lot of room on the front..but is kinda uneven on top, i cant bring myself to drill holes in the top...

What about ram mounts for your screens?

What are ram mounts? To hang it down? The hds finder and gps both are visible in direct sun that is the other reason i was thinking if dash mount..
49978552d27320d572f3667bcc5a3ccd.jpg
the Bolla weatherproof case i bought at pirate days fits the two hds units perfect so removeable mounts would work too..

That's a sweet set up buddy :cool:. Protect those expensive beauty's.

Talk to you on Sunday morn. We will figure out the steering for ya.

Sculpin out.

I just don't get it....... That transom was built for side by side motors. Built in stepped transom.

To me it seems simpler and safer to try and figure that out then to mount it out on an extension.

The only issue I can see is the tiller arm would alway need to be locked in the upright position for steering purposes. You'd likely be able to leave righting straps on and just use removable steering bar.

In other news.. I picked up another hds gen 2 5inch this one is a fishfinder/gps and also i picked up the lowrance cable to link the two, and a copy of Navionics gold.
68035b26af6fe04632239060a4c449c6.jpg
pretty near have a full dash now minus the sound system..

Jeff can you pm what you got that for.....

Don't know if anyone posted anything like this yet but I think this setup would work for you and clear the steering cylinder, also keeps the kicker higher up. Kinda hard to see but the kicker is just mounted on the plastic from a kicker bracket that's mounted straight to the transom. Just an idea.
IMG_0784.jpg

Not that it matters now but on Feb 20th West Marine (US) was having a sale on the hds5 gen2 for $299. Also rebates to be had here http://content.westmarine.com/content/documents/pdfs/Rebates/02062015Lowrance.PDF

On the topic of the kicker mount, on my old 175 DE i had the large outboard transom opening and had one of the Garelick type plastic pads bolted to the transom on the outside. That provided plenty of room for the steering cable and I ran a stainless panther steering linkage.

van isle that does look good but the hourston boat i bought is only 6. ' across at the back of the transom, only way i could see it working is on the the other side of the main, we tried putting it in the transom Fa believe me thats where i would rather have it but it doesn't fit big kicker small boat.. Going to have to use bracket and fig out steering, lucky enough to know some people that can help me out..

Jeff, did you try measuring kicker options with a fixed jack plate? My buddy's DE 16 uses one and it resolves having the steerer arm from the main whacking the kicker when you turn to starboard and the steering arm goes to port. It mounts the kicker above the transom rail by about four inches.

Thanks FA, deff miss that boat a lot, but 2 foot itis has a bad hold on me lol. Ya I see what your saying jeffy, what is the beam on that girl? I thought it was the same as the DE 17's which is 7.6'? Have you considered a panther system or you stuck on a ez steer type of thing?

Back