Flyfishing inshore VI

Hello, i was wondering if there is any good inshore flyfishing on vancouver island...
went out to brentwood bay dock and caught 5 greenling in the 5 ounce class but looking for something more exiting.....

Hello, i was wondering if there is any good inshore flyfishing on vancouver island...
went out to brentwood bay dock and caught 5 greenling in the 5 ounce class but looking for something more exiting.....

Do you have a boat or are you shorebound? To me inshore means close to shore but not always from it. If shorebound you'll probably want to stick to looking for searun cutts and salmon at the right time for which there are a few books / online info etc on finding general locations. Specifics will be hard to come by but maybe you can get some PMs especially if you ask about a specific area. Anywhere on VI is a pretty big place! I am so far from that game these days I can't help..

If you have a boat I can give you some info on rockfish / ling / greenling up to 5lb class which is a little better than 5oz. :) Number one tip for all of them on fly is try slack tide!

You can check out some of the little creeks on the sidney side of the pennisula, some of them have/had sea run cutties - not sure if its still worth the effort?

Back