Fishing in the Howe Sound

SSwilson92

Hey all,

This coming Thursday I will be heading up to the Howe Sound for the weekend. I am staying at a buddies cabin on Bowyer Island and am hoping I could get some guidance on where to fish for Springs in the area. I will be trolling on the riggers and mostly fishing hoochies and hardware. I have been out at Sandheads almost every other day and I'm looking to stay west of Vancouver Harbour this weekend (even though the fishing's been hot) Just looking to find some new ground. All input is appreciated.

Cheers!

I'm sure others will chime in, but this time of year isn't really the time to find chinook in Howe Sound. You might have a look around Cowans Point on Bowen, but the action is over at the mouth of the Fraser.

You can try for pinks at McNab and Potlatch if they're still around.

I'm sure others will chime in, but this time of year isn't really the time to find chinook in Howe Sound. You might have a look around Cowans Point on Bowen, but the action is over at the mouth of the Fraser.

You can try for pinks at McNab and Potlatch if they're still around.

I kinda figured, I still might scoot over to the mouth for a morning if I can convince my buddies. I'm travelling in the little Sangster right from Ladner so we'll see how the fuel is from Sandheads to the Island

Cheers

As I Cruise by south Bowen on a ferry right now....only boat fishing out here is a DFO vessel.

IMG_20170822_162717.jpg

Hey all,

This coming Thursday I will be heading up to the Howe Sound for the weekend. I am staying at a buddies cabin on Bowyer Island and am hoping I could get some guidance on where to fish for Springs in the area. I will be trolling on the riggers and mostly fishing hoochies and hardware. I have been out at Sandheads almost every other day and I'm looking to stay west of Vancouver Harbour this weekend (even though the fishing's been hot) Just looking to find some new ground. All input is appreciated.

Cheers!
Hey Scott try fishing the west van shoreline might find a coho

I fished Howe Sound today looking for those pinks. Cruised alot of spots and didn't see alot. Tried Furry Creek a couple of times without luck. Did find them at the mouth of the Squamish River at the bluffs and caught a couple. The winds really pick up around there so use caution. Don't think you will have any luck with anything else at this time of year in the Sound.

My preferred spot for fuel is at Fisherman's Cove in West Van, halfway between Point Atkinson and Horseshoe Bay. Hours are 8am-8pm.

Fuel is also available at Horseshoe Bay, Lion's Bay, and Sunset Marina. Sunset is closest to Boyer.

Back