Fish in the Crab Trap

M

Mikiki

Just wanted to share with you all a little fish story that happened yesterday while I had my Crab trap set just outside of Newcastle Island. My 1st mate (wife) and I set the trap and then went out trolling for a few hours off of Entrance Island. We came back and pulled the trap up, and to our surprise inside the trap was one crab, one Dogfish and a flounder. The Flounder had got caught by the crab and was partially eaten and dead so we used it for more crab bait. The crab was legal, but the dogfish got thrown back.
I have caught starfish in my crab traps in the past, but never have I caught fish. Oh well I wasn't skunked ;)
See you on the water[8D]
Mikiki

Mikiki how did you do on the salmon.I fished the fingers and off of pipers from 5:50 till noon yesterday for two small springs the largest around 10 lbs. slow[xx(]

Mikiki how did you do on the salmon.I fished the fingers and off of pipers from 5:50 till noon yesterday for two small springs the largest around 10 lbs. slow[xx(]

have gotten dog fish before. Usually only carcass left. Crabs seemed to love them. Had an otter in one. It was dead.Geuss he went in after bait and couldn't get out.

Hey Tyee2112, we got skunked and we fished Entrance, the fingers and Brickyard. I have to find the right gear:(

quote:Originally posted by tyee2112

Back