ECVI Nanoose, French Creek Report

Hey h.e.h.!
Catching all these fish reminded me of fishing with you! You coming over for any fishing? It's hot out of Nanaimo by the sounds of things also. You're welcome to come out on my boat if you'd like and you've always got a place to park your boat at my house if needed my friend. Hope you're well!
Joe

Hi Joe
Thanks for the kind words and very generous offers. I am bringing the boat over to Nanaimo this Friday where it will be until July 1. I hope the weather (wind) cooperates long enough for a couple of days fishing. As usual I will be in Ukee this year fur a couple of weeks each in both July and August we should talk. I will give you a call over the weekend. O ya and for an old bald headed guy I am doing incredibly well.

Thanks h.e.h.

Fish have been picked up off the Winchelsea - Grey Rock area off and on in the past week. I had a 12 & 13 yesterday down 175 on a hootchie and a 3.5" coyote spoon. One had a 7.5" herring.

Fished Gerald yesterday 147 on the rigger cookies n cream spoon green flasher. Had a decent bite played it for 5 min when the flasher broke the surface the fish got off.

1-0 fish

First blood on the new boat off French Creek, Happy
Hour Saturday. Green needlefish hoochie.

Nice fish Brian! Rachel texted me that shot. I still haven't seen the new boat, ill have to pop by sometime.

Glenn thanks for the report, I'm on route home and will be fishing this weekend. We're those winchelsea fish in structure or open water?

Nice fish Brian! Rachel texted me that shot. I still haven't seen the new boat, ill have to pop by sometime.

Glenn thanks for the report, I'm on route home and will be fishing this weekend. We're those winchelsea fish in structure or open water?

Kelly Earlier in the week it seemed like the fish were more in open water. My fish yesterday were taken closer to structure ie. 200 feet. One was in the cut between Grey Rock and the navy buoy to its E. Marty lost one in that same spot just earlier.

Picked this white spring up off the Ballenas yesterday. 150' on a little squirt hootchie. Also got a keeper spring off the spar buoy. Had to work for them this week but they're starting to show.

Attachments

• IMG_1288.jpg
    IMG_1288.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 369
Snuck in a tack (Winchelsea) while on a mothers day cruise this eve. Will give it a real fish tomorrow. I'm thinking of trying the fingers unless its blowing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slept in and fished the low today. Weather sucked and the fishing was slow but managed one teener. Splatterback hootchie took both.

Todays fish

Nice work Kelly......you always have the magic touch....

Kelly...I notice that islet has appeared as a backdrop in several of your posted pics......where is that?

Back