ECVI French Creek/Nanoose

You bet im home the 17th-27th. If you guys are interested in heading out around the holidays and want to split gas give me a shout! Greg i saw those pics of the winters you picked up way after you sent them. Nice ones man it made me miss fishing!

Hey Kelly I have some time off starting the 24th but I'm planning to have the boat in the water this weekend for a month or two. Bushy has a set of keys and he'll be keen on goin out. If you want you can use it just gotta give you a little tour first, it's set up pretty good and I think you'll like it. Maybe you can stop by for a cocktail and show me how to post pics on the computer. BRS

We will have to head out when you get some time off. Thanks for the offer on using the rig but im always uncomfortable running other peoples boats! Last thing i need is MR deadhead saying hello when its not my boat haha. If bushy is heading out and wants a deckhand tell him to give me a shout.Ill stop by work or the house over the break and show you the pics.

Managed a double header off Gerald yesterday. It was blowin 20knots SE and chilly but I bought a little coleman heater and fired it up and closed the back curtain and it was quite comfy. The only thing is you have to unzip before you can get to the rod which just doesn't seem to happen fast enough! My side hit first and I released a nice one probably very close to legal on a glow green hootchy. Just then Bushy's rod went nuts and he bonked a nice scrappy 10 pounder on bait. Boat is now back in the water for the holidays so I hope to drop some prawn traps soon. BRS

Hey Kelly ,what a nasty day out there. Ran down to Schooner to fill up and trolled past Gerald on the way back and nothing. I was blowin so hard it was tough to stay on track. We had a little heater goin and the back curtain on so it was quite comfortable. Got half a bucket of prawns for our effort. Gotta work til X-mas eve then off til the New Year. Maybe Boxing Day, let me know.BRS

Just made a huge post on our day on Monday and lost it somehow. Anyway to make a long story short me and Bushy caught 3 released one that was close and bonked a 10 and 15lb off Gerald. BRS

Army truck hootchy got the first two and bait got the big guy both around 150ft. We had a double header and luckily bonked both. The 10lber had bite marks from a seal. BRS

Went down to Gerald with Bushy for a troll on the big motor. Took the kicker off and had the carb cleaned and still no go......gonna cost me now. Bushy released a chunky little spring that hit the herring he had on. That was it for action but it was a good day. BRS

Yeah Buddy, was out on Mon with Bushy. He was heading down to the Carribean for two weeks so were on a mission to get him a salmon before he left.Went to Gerald for a couple hours and covered alot of ground and squat. We headed over to Ballenas and trolled for a while and it was dead. Decided to pull the gear and run to Sangster and it was dead there too so we decided to run up to False Bay and talk to the locals(Kelly will fill you in on that one) that is always fun. My kicker has been in the shop for a while now so I've been trolling on the 225 which surprisingly does a great job, a little fast but I throw out a bucket behind to slow down. I was out yesterday morning for a quick boot and there was a ton of birds and sea lions off Mistaken, I think the herring are around early this year. BRS

I've seen a lot of sea lions and birds on my trips into Rathestrevor from Schooner as well. I even caught a 7" herring in one of my prawn traps. I have heard of a lot of bait recently but no fish taken.

where have you boys been putting into the water? was down at French Creek the other day and they had a pile driver barge in the way of the ramp. Did they clear it out for the weekend?

Hey Tyee Slayer is that all you do in your busy day is to hang out at construction sites...............I'll bet you follow fire trucks too. BRS

Back