ECVI French Creek/Nanoose

Slow grind. Lots of 20-22 inch fish at FC.Finally went over to sangster and hit a 20 lber first pass but my buddy introduced it to the prop. Got a great porpise show ill throw up a vid. Tomorrow eves my last fish then off to school.

Yeah it's been hit or miss out there for me. Taking off to Kyuquot Sound tomorrow for three days, last trip of the year. Then moving to Vancouver for the winter, but at least hunting season is almost here :D

Was out last night at Ballenas and got skunked, again. I think the fishing has been better in the AM as the tides during the afternoon and evening aren't moving more than a foot or two. Lots of feed out there just no fish. Quite a few boats and I didn't see or hear anyone doing anything.

where to fish? I'm taking my wife out tonight. Was thinking Ballenas, Nanaimo is dead right now too. Fished thrasher for a few hours yesterday only got one, the creel survey girl said nothing had come in all day. So I was thinking about getting further north for a try but hearing MR Woods report has me rethinking that plan. I'm used to being into some good local fishing this time of year but... we'll probably run up there anyways,

quote:Originally posted by mr killer

where to fish? I'm taking my wife out tonight. Was thinking Ballenas, Nanaimo is dead right now too. Fished thrasher for a few hours yesterday only got one, the creel survey girl said nothing had come in all day. So I was thinking about getting further north for a try but hearing MR Woods report has me rethinking that plan. I'm used to being into some good local fishing this time of year but... we'll probably run up there anyways,

I think the fishing is kinda dead right now because of the tides (very little change except for the morning which is a nice low). The fish aren't moving much. We just have to find where they're all holed up at (got that line from a US bass fishing show[:eek:)]).

got up and on the water for first light this am - trolled little qualicum for a couple hours, one strike and one undersized we released.
Saw a few caught, but pretty slow for the most part!

trolled in front of french creek for a little bit, deep... nothing doing there, and saw nobody get anything else!

beautiful morning however!!!

I spent a couple hours yesterday fishing the waters around Gerald and the Spar Buoy, nothing except for a couple of lings when I got too close to the reefs, and they were too small to boot. I heard of one fish being caught at Sangster. Prreettyy slow out there, maybe this wind will move them out of hiding.

Hit two fish at FC last night.Bonked one and broke one off on the hit.Worked hard for them though.Its very slow. That wraps up my summer. Tight lines boys.

Hey Kelly, that was a short summer Too bad we didn't get a chance to fish together, it was a weird year for me. Oh well I have some time off this month and hopefully the river will be good to me. Maybe next year I can introduce you to top secret hali hole;). Good luck in school and in the pool, make sure the Speedo aint too tight:D BRS

Fished at various times this past weekend, Ballenas, Gerald, spar bouy, Mistaken. If the fishing had been just a bit better it would have be shi!!y [B)]. Got skunked for any keepers...it was just dead.

my buddy said it has slowed right down up island. that didn't sound to promising. But I figure now that kelly is gone there has to be some fish hanging around gerald that haven't been caught. maybe i'll run a white and green spoon!

here are a couple of pics from the year, and an old one that still gets me excited every time I look at it.
IMG_0018.jpg

th_IMG_0005.jpg

th_Darinandfish.jpg

I hear you MRwood, I saw a buddy yesterday as I was heading out and he said Gerald, French Creek and Sangster were all dead so I went to Ballenas for a couple hours and squat. No bait or birds, heck there wasn't even ant seals! Ran over to Gerald for a quick pass and same result. I tied up a bunch of different gear and fished hard and not even a pacific cod. The run in was awesome, one of the nicest sunsets this year.BRS

BRS...I keep telling my friends that I take out....don't worry that we didn't catch anything just check out that scenery and sunset:)

Anyone hearing about the famous sockeye run that is due to pass through these waters anytime now. I know they have been doing well at the mouth of the Fraser but that should be the fish that came through the Juan de Fuca. How about the sockeye that are coming down the inside.

MRWood

Informed sources tell me that they (sox) are being caught in between Texada and Lasqueti.
I've been over there several times over the years and it is a quick run from Schooner on a calm day.
Just would like another boat (or more) for company since mine isn't big.
Thoughts?

Smiley.

We picked up a 34# @ Ballenas on the bite this afternoon. Might have been the only one left. A little on the darker side too

quote:Originally posted by Smiley

MRWood

Informed sources tell me that they (sox) are being caught in between Texada and Lasqueti.
I've been over there several times over the years and it is a quick run from Schooner on a calm day.
Just would like another boat (or more) for company since mine isn't big.
Thoughts?

Smiley.

Hi Smiley...I've been invited to go up to Port Hardy this weekend to fish but I'm not sure if I am or not. If I don't go I'd love to go over to Sabine. Tried there 2-3 weeks back but it was too early. I'll email you if I decide to stay around here.

Back