ECVI French Creek/Nanoose

hey kelly if you wanna partner im free for anothere week weather in ab has postponed fire up date for rig again antways if you wanna guy to come share the fuel im always up for it an would love to learn some ways of the ocean thanx kindly NEWF....

Hey Kelly, where did you fish? Any bait? Those Nanaimo fish should show pretty soon. Maybe we can get out next time you are around. My boat should be ready soon, I'm thinkin of a Bamfield trip on the long weekend(May two four). BRS

well thanx hey im going out to vbamfield next sat there brs see if i can get some haliu havent been out there before so this might be an adventure i fished pill point an swale rock but never went down trvors channel so this could be scary hope we fi9nd bamfield lol then hope to find fish

Hey greg i shoulda called you to go this morning but i wasnt sure how long we were gonna fish. Ill give you a shout when im back next! Newfie ill happily go out with you and show you the ropes in the area when im back.

I went off nanaimo yesterday and fished 6 hours hard without a touch! It hurt... Today we were rewarded and limited out pretty quickly going 4 for 5. Nothing big 10-15 lbs but solid fish. The snapper are also thick and big up to 10lbs. If you can avoid them do so, as they die when released and are slow growing. We moved from our orignal spot to avoid them. Gerald 167-185ft on the regular gear. Sealover was also out there and hit one.

Few pics.

006.jpg

008-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

015.jpg

Good job Kelly. I might get out with Bushy today if it settles down. I don't have any salmon left in the freezer and I need to stock up. Did you try Balenas?BRS

well someone gotta take a run out with me in front of the house eh brs anyday you wanna go just lety me know we can fill the damn tub lol seems as though you just gotta know the spots eh i cant even get a crab or prawn out here ....

good fish, Kelly! looks like you are holdin' a hatchery fish with a missing adipose fin as I assume.

Like the picture with a big tug boat going through waves.

Too windy to fish today, at least I got some chores done and the carport ready for the new boat. I have to install all my electronics and everything else. Should be back in soon. BRS

Kelly,nice picture of the eagle coming in for the snapper!! I always end up with a picture of a floating fish!!
Scott

Any new reports?

Just helped my dad get his boat out of storage and we're going to do a few test runs - probably try prawning tomorrow and maybe a bit of jiggin. Anybody ever prawn near winchelsea? If everything runs well then probably try springs the next morning - weather permitting.

Prawning outside Winchelsea can be a bit tricky, particularily since Commercial has started. There are also underwater cables fanning out from the island and it is a transit zone for log booms avoiding WG.

hey duds fancy seeing you on here! windchelsea can be tricky and the commercial guys are everywhere but it can produce i was out with my friend last week in that area but we had more success over by ballenas and gerald good trolling for salmon over there as well and there is some honey holes for snapper and lings

Well we a had pretty serious setback trying to get the trailer lights to work - the one thing I forgot to check yesterday. Anyways, we didn't get fishing until about the tide change and ended up missing two plus a bunch of junkfish. I find the first hit of the season is a little surreal - I just sort of watched a couple headshakes then the clip popped and it was gone, with me still standing there staring at it ha! Anyways it was nice out and the converstaion was interesting - me and four girls. I wish I could go tomrrow since I feel like I've got a better grip on the area now but probably won't make it out again here this season.

O and the ones we missed were at 155 and 165 on the green splatterback hootchie and a green/white spoon off Gerald.

Thanks for the tips Kelly, you definately put us on the spot we just got a little unlucky I think.

Hey Juby we couldn't get traps so no prawning. later man.

Haha it was only a few weeks ago i had my first hit of the year and i know what you mean! I just kinda stared at it.Good to hear you had some action at least. Not the easiest spot to fish.

Back