ECVI French Creek/Nanoose

hey been wondering where i should go to try here in front off parksville french creek area anyone can give me a bit of info be greatly appreciated looking for crab prawns or salmon is it still a waste of time or may i get lucky...

Head straight out from french creek until you hit 200feet. Throw your gear down 180-200ft right on the bottom and troll north for 3-4 miles. Green/white, cop car coyote spoons on 5 ft leaders and splatterback,purple haze squirts/hootchies on 36-40 inch hootchies.

Hey Clam, good to hear from you. I guess yuo'll be out for a visit in a couple months. Don't know what the boat situation will be then but I'll figure out something. Talked to our buddy Doug at Breakers and he's got my inboard hauled out and sittin on the bench tryin to fiure out it's fate. Should know in a couple days. Newfieslayer I was trolling of French Creek yesterday for a couple hours and we only managed one small spring and a couple cod. Had the same result at Gerald and Ballenas. Did get to feed a big red snapper to the eagles on Ballenas, was'nt sure if he could carry it but he managed to get it to shore for a chow down. Long day, no keepers, two shifts (Bushy on the early shift then crew change and Scott til almost dark)This Monday will be the last, she's comin out to be decommisioned, she's served me well and I will miss her. Hey Clam remember that tidal wave off Winter harbour she climbed? I'll bet Jod will never forget that. I love scaring the crap out of vacationing helicopter pilots!!!BRS

so your saying anywhere out there for prawns an crab aswell i dunno been out lots an got 1 sockeye salmon in all 10 trips out dont know what im doing wrong lol oh an one spring out by swale rock last summer it was just limit size lol....hoping to get beter results this season

I dont prawn out of french creek but set mine to the south 6-7 miles in 280-350ft of water at the base of drop offs. Crabbing is ok off rathtrevor beach to the south 4-5 miles in 80ish ft of water although some crab in the bay just beside FC.

If you troll any of those presentations around 130-250ft on the bottom you will find fish although lately it sounds slow.

Keeping in mind that the area from Dorcas Point (or Spar buoy) towards Nanaimo inside Ballenas Island is closed to prawns until April 1

well you guys sound awesome just hoping to catch something when you see people just filling their boats an you have no luck time an time again well you know what im saying cheers folks ... let ya know how ive been doing

brs if you are looking for a pod check out DSS welding in DUNCAN as has built many and the price is reasonable. Kelly from Last Chance Charters has had a couple made by them.

rd green

Thanks Birdog but the boat is in Port Alberni right now. Looks like I'm going to sell my 17' with the Honda 90hp and trailer and let Breakers marine handle the conversion. Will post more info on the 17 footer later under the buy/sell category.BRS

Hey newfie i didnt get 5-6 halis myself sorry if it sounded that way i meant 5-6 were caught that i know of.I have no problem showing you the ropes for salmon in the area when im home though, no charge.

that's why Kelly catches so many fish he's got the good juju that's a nice offer, newfieslayer are you thinking like a fish? that might be the problem when I'm trying to catch a fish I start thinking like a fish, they think alot of different things it's pretty fun[8D]

I'm now officially boatless. I pulled the 17 today and the other project is about to start. Bushy and I went to Gerald and trolled for an hour or two. Tons of bait, no fish. Went to Ballenas and much of the same except for about 6 pacific cod. They are a pain in the butt, if you miss the hit then you drag them around til you check your gear. Scott was MIA for the B shift so I dropped off Bushy and headed for Sangster solo. Same thing tons of bait, no salmon. Was a beautiful night, was hoping to get one last salmon on that boat but oh well..BRS

Thanks Kelly, you know I'm gonna take you up on that. You are one of the few guys I know that love to fish as much as me. BRS

fished thrasher yesterday not much going on found bait and lots of little coho but no springs, weathter was good, crabbing was good.

Back