ECVI French Creek/Nanoose

quote:Originally posted by Degree of Freedom

sure is nice to hear reports of lots of little coho...haven't seen them in 15 years.

X2. Used to look forward to hitting the bluebacks out of Pender Harbour on spring break with my grandpa when I was a kid. Then one year they were gone and they never came back.

Did a shakeout today. Man it was cold and pretty lumpy. Was only able to troll the gerald tack because it was blowing NW and whitecaps. About 2-3 hours with no love other than a few cod. Ill be out tomorrow or monday or both. Greg i called you the other night and will try again today.

We were out 2 Sats ago. Seems that the play-offs were on when we started slaying out front in Nanaimo. May for sure though!

hey guys was thinking bout getting the boat wet toommorow any ideas where a guy could drop a few crab traps an prawn traps out in front of french creek area wondering if there is a few salmon lurking around any ideas what depth a guy should be hitting

Hey Newfie, my buddy Bushy was out Sun. and went one for two off Ballenas. I guess they lost the bigger one(Albertan newbie on the rod). Goin to Port with Bushy today to check out the pod conversion on the new boat......gettin excited.Will post some pics later. Hey Newf, you can't go wrong with prawn/crab off French Creek.For crab you can go from 30 to 100ft and prawn go 300 plus. Try a few spots,you'll figure it out eventually.BRS

hey brs what about launching from french creek got a 672 campion explorer good to go even on low tides down there yeah i guess itll take some practice ive heard some guys saying you could even pick up a hali down there trolling any truth behind this .... thanx for all the help

Hey Newf there are hali off FC, I've even got one myself. There were half a dozen last year caught while trolling deep for salmon with spoons and hootchies. Go see Ron in the store and he'll set you up.Kelly went to Breakers in Port to check out the pod. The hole is filled in and the controls and gauges are on. I'm gonna have a huge fish llocker where the inboard was and way more room to fish. So far the whole project going smoothly and the pod should go on this week. It was laying beside the boat and Bushy was with me and checked it out and said the design and welding were first class.Hydraulic steering and Yamaha 225hp 4 stroke soon to come, I'm getting real excited. Are you fishing the Fingers this weekend, I have to work Sat. but maybe Sun.. Are there any fish down there? I'll talk to my buddy this week and get the scoop.BRS

was wondering what store you were talking bout there brs an well what speeds are the normal for trolling out here feeling like a rookie on the ocean rivers is where i usually can make it happen but this ocean fishing seems to take alot of know how lol an im lacking lmao .... will be on the water soon

Yup I did mean the French Creek store. Ron is the owner and will sell you all kinds of stuff. He has bait there too but stick to spoons and hootchies for now. Kelly I'm gonna talk to my buddy today. BRS

Read a story and saw pictures of a guy stealing traps between ballenas and gerald in nanoose.Heres the story... I know the boat aswell but unsure of what to do. Any ideas?

"You guys have been talking about having gear stolen. I spoke with a Sechelt friend about it and he mentioned that his two brothers were fishing herring off Nanaimo and they put out some prawn gear. They came on someone lifting it but were too slow to catch him. Funnily enough they saw him the next day picking up someone else's gear and this time, as he was mid pickup, they were able to get alongside. Their gear was still in his boat. They took it back. I've asked him to get a description of the boat and the thief and I'll post it.
Cheers"

Hey Kelly if you know the boat and there is no doubt that these guys are thieves post the pics on this site and every boat ramp and marina. I've lost a lot of gear over the years and don't know what would happen if I caught them lifting my gear but it wouldn't be pretty. There were a couple prawn trap thieves at Beachcomber a few years ago and were kicked out of the marina never to return and I think the police were involved. Keep me posted, I'll be in the water soon they can't outrun me now.BRS

Observe,Record and Report, Turn them in. A Thief is a Thief.

Hi Kelly
Where did you read the article and see the pictures. I'm sure there would be a lot of people interested in that article and the boat involved. We'll round up a possee and string em up on the nearest arbutus tree.

well tried to get out yesterday launched the boat at french creek an will guess i should lol cause ****ing thing wouldnt start well must be a sign there was fish an they were scared weird cause the boathouse guys had it out last week an ran awesome now it isnt getting any fuel thinking just air locked or sometrhing i dunno but it f---in sucks gotta head back to ab saturday an no fishing again this boating seems to be a pain in the arse

An will kelly when i do get out there thanx for letting us know about this theif cause if he thinks about stealing anything of mine i8 guess he should know that he will be bait eithere crab prawn or hali but this idiot needs his fingers chopped off dont know why the commercial guys didnt just swink him to the bottom when they had chance lol that **** wouldnt fly back home lmao..... that boat would look so good full of shotgun shell

well finally made it out today all it was the other day was the fuel managment sensor but yeah fished all day from 9 30 till 20 mins ago no luck whatsoever never got a crab prawn bottom fish of any sort an no salmon will it seems as though im gona start the same way i finished last year lol not very lucky or some freakin thing give us some pointers guys lool just kiddin youve been great help very frustrating

Back