ECVI French Creek/Nanoose

Kelly, I may be in Africa, but I coming home soon and I am going to give you a little lesson in the magical workings of the Green and White power. It kills fish, it's not about what it looks like on the outside but whats at the heart of a lure that counts. And that spoon has heart.
Though I do agree about the Funky Chicken. That is great to hear about the coho, it's been to long since they have been there in numbers.

Tips up!

I heard about you getting malaria and the body you found in the jungle!Jesus thats unreal, take it easy buddy and get better! You need to make it back to BC and run that green/white coyote. Tight lines and all the best.

Awsome to hear about the coho greg. We only hit one all last year about 5 lbs in july off gerald.

Got out with Bushy yesterday for a couple hours. We headed to Gerald and did a couple passes and squat. Not even any bait. Trolled all the way back to Mistaken and had a couple jiggles and released a ling cod but nothing to report. Didn't see any coho jumpers like before but it was choppy and there was lots of debris in the water.BRS

Pretty much ditto for this week only I did land a small(22ish inch)spring off Rathtrevor. Let him go without the net, would be a keeper for the ******* on the west coast!!!:D I tried a new hootchy it is clear UV with a glo stripe. Don't know if there's a name for it yet but I'm gonna try again this AM. Managed to bang and crash to Ballenas solo after dropping off Bushy. Had some whole fresh herring from QF and dropped er down and got a huge Bigredsnapper and two Pacific cod. There was some bait off the reef by the lighthouse but didn't find any salmon.BRS

Did bushy bail for a lady friend? :D

I was going to stop by this weekend and give you some herring but ran out of time. We sold our house and are moving down by schooner so i may no longer moore at beachcomber [xx(]

Hey Kelly, Bushy wasn't up for the ride to Ballenas and that was probably a good thing. I didn't know you were moving, I think a buddy of mine bought it. There is a freezer in my carport that gladly accepts herring donations.Schooner Cove is OK, watch out for the RCA right there. Tyee Slayer you were lucky to have a talented captain to get you over a fish stupid enough to hit that thing. I couldn't believe you left it for the rest of the week and got squat while I was reelin em in one after the other. Remember the last day when I hooked five over 20lbs and even let you bring in two which was your limit. And by the way I hate the "drop in" Sun morning and posting I look like dog...t, nice.....you really are a clown.BRS and PS, real men don't drink Coors Light!!!!(unless it's the only thing available)

Aren't clowns supposed to be funny?javascript:insertsmilie('[:eek:)]')Anyway Bushy and I pull out your Baitrix every time out and joke about using it....always good for a giggle. The hook is so rusty it would bust off on a shaker!!!I still can't believe you got that beauty on it.BRS

Managed to get out twice yesterday, I went down to French Creek in the morning for an hour and got another 23-25" spring that I released without the net. Still some small coho around, usually hooked one on the way up. Ran down to Gerald for a couple hours(Had the game on the radio)late in the afternoon and got a double header. Starboard rod hit first and I knew he wasn't huge so when the other rod hit I grabbed it and landed another one that was close but released it. Reeled in the other and it was gone but had some fun. That spring was a little scrapper and I thought for sure finally a keeper but back he went, oh well try again today.....let you know later. There was a commercial troller yesterday workin from FC towards Qualicum might give er a go. BRS

Managed to get out twice yesterday, I went down to French Creek in the morning for an hour and got another 23-25" spring that I released without the net. Still some small coho around, usually hooked one on the way up. Ran down to Gerald for a couple hours(Had the game on the radio)late in the afternoon and got a double header. Starboard rod hit first and I knew he wasn't huge so when the other rod hit I grabbed it and landed another one that was close but released it. Reeled in the other and it was gone but had some fun. That spring was a little scrapper and I thought for sure finally a keeper but back he went, oh well try again today.....let you know later. There was a commercial troller yesterday workin from FC towards Qualicum might give er a go. BRS

Finally a keeper salmon. Got him off Gerald with Kelly's fave the old green/white coyote at 180ft. He was a 15lber and bright orange meat (had em for dinner) Also jigged up some herring for hali bait, there were tons of herring spawning in shallow off Parksville beach. The seiners were scoopin em up out in 150' of water. I guess they got their quota cause they were all gone this morning.BRS

I was gonna email you as my mom said she saw you fishing.A 15lber is a nice fish at this time! To bad it was on that piece of sh*& spoon :D Out of curiosity what part did you hit him on? Right at the north end towards dorcas?

Hey Kelly, we were headed north towards Dorcas past Gerald and we were just about to pick up and head to Ballenas when he hit. Did two more passes and squat. Headed to Ballenas and lots of bait but no fish. Went and dropped off Bushy and Scotty and I headed to Parksville to jig some herring. We lost a herring rig so we only had one and got about 20 before it starting getting dark. BRS

Managed a 10lber Sun. morn off Ballenas. Trolled for a couple hours with no action then got the call to head in for breaky and dropped down the ol green/white coyote and bang. Sorry Kelly, I was trying not to but just could'nt help it. Went out yesterday aft. to pull the traps and looked over at Sangster and it was lit up with the sun so I boot over and trolled for a couple hours. It was totally dead, no hits or bait,dead.Stopped at Ballenas for a quick troll and nothing but a great sunset over Arrowsmith. BRS

Sounds like a good day.I was home on sunday i should have given you a shout. Since we moved and now beachcomber wants a 6 month moorage promise we have decided to moore over at schooner cove. Gonna miss that place.

PS im home for week in april around the 6-15 thish and might plan a short trip to barkely for hali/springs if your interested.

Hey Kelly, my moorage is up in two weeks and I'm gonna pull my boat and be boatless for a while. I just got the report on the "new" boat from the mechanic and two cylinders have zero compression. I'm not a mechanic but I know it ain't good. My 17 footer has served me well but she's gettin tired and I'll think I'll end up doing the pod conversion on the 21 footer. It's got a great hull, hardtop, trim tabs and a good trailer. If you know someone lookin for a 17' hull let me know. Maybe if your headin to French creek you could stop in and pick me up at the park. BRS

I always have an open seat. Are you selling the hondas on it? That will be an AWSOME boat with some elbow grease! You should throw up some pics if you go through with decking her out.

Gonna keep the 15hp Honda, it'll push that boat no prob. The 90hp has some sentimental value...bought it new and never let me down. Might have to sell it to repower the new boat. I have a line on a rebuilt 350 Volvo that may drop in.I hate inboards but a V8 would rock. Might just make a project and be ready for next spring...my gut says pod but way more $...who knows. BRS

Hey Scott, pm replied check your email. Was out yesterday trolling in the snow. No kidding we were off Gerald and the rain changed to snow and we fished for an hour with flakes comin down the size of loonies. It was Bushy's birthday and I was tryin to get him a salmon. We ended up catching and releasing half a dozen bluebacks. They were all around 14-16" and hatchery marked.Lots of bait down there but no springs.BRS

Wow the Bigredsnaper boatless thats a first in a long while! Good to hear your make'n progress with the new boat. The dolly's are turning on on the Kootenay. If you can get of the island for more than a day you sould come to gods country and try some river fish'n. cought 12 in four hour yesterday biggest was 10.5. Tell the old fart I say happy birthday.

Back