ECVI French Creek/Nanoose

little q is hit and miss the fish that are there are being dived up by the 40+ boats that are there all the time. I landed a 37, 26,24 and lost one 35-40 at the net in the 3 nights i was out. One night being skunked (45+ boats). the other 2 days less than 20 boats. pink and white squirts producing the fish. good luck every one! hopefully it picks up a little.

here is my ride , give me yell if you see me
barks11

Darin i have seen you at schooner a few times while cleanin fish ill give a shout next time. Ps i like that slick rig. MRwood im in a blue topped 17.5 malibu tyee. Looks like a double eagle. Ill likely hit FC and maybe the river this week. Gonna stack my socks gear way above my spring gear to see if i can bonk a few.

Didnt take any pics the last few times out. I hit a 6-7lb coho at 20ft while trying to stack gear. Was nice to see. Heres a few bonked from last week. Dont ask why we bonked cod haha the friend wanted them.

Double header of small nooks netted in one swing.
001-2.jpg

002-4.jpg

Nice boat Darin. Tonight I dragged some squirts around near the LQ, a pink one 22" behind a red flasher, and a white squirt behind a green flasher. No luck, but I saw a few boats landed some beauties. Seems the bite is quite late.

It's a gong show out there, though, lots of boats!

Fished Ballenas last night, it's loaded with feed there right now. Unfortunately or fortunately there are a pile of juvey cohos there. Didn't hit any springs but lost a couple nice coho. One on the middle rod which I was dragging down the middle with a 2oz weight and spoon. Lost that one at the boat trying to identify it. The other took my spoon while I was farting about attaching it to my downrigger release clip. Both were 6-7lbs and fiesty. Could probably have a chance at getting one on a fly if you dragged in behind the wash.

Notice in Kellys picture of the fish in the net he turned the spoon around so we could not see if it was the hated Green & White.

Kelly does love green...if his hot spot is green you can be sure his spoon is. He's no dummy....I don't think:)

Made it out to French Creek yesterday for a couple hours. Lots of Pacific cod and small salmon. There was about a dozen boats out and I didn't see any nets. Anyway it sure beats painting the house. Nice fish Kelly I tried that spoon you were having some luck with and all I got were cod. It was good to fish with my old buddy Bushy on a Monday especially when the weather co-operates.BRS

quote:Originally posted by bigredsnapper

Made it out to French Creek yesterday for a couple hours. Lots of Pacific cod and small salmon. There was about a dozen boats out and I didn't see any nets. Anyway it sure beats painting the house. Nice fish Kelly I tried that spoon you were having some luck with and all I got were cod. It was good to fish with my old buddy Bushy on a Monday especially when the weather co-operates.BRS

So that would be the bushy big red snapper combo. [:0]

quote:Originally posted by tortuga

So that would be the bushy big red snapper combo. [:0]

It makes for a helluva meal

Wish i could have been out with ya! Looks like Im missing out again this season. You still heading over to the west side in Sept? BC.

do you need the captain of the "Bangbus" to come on over to your boat to pilot the bushy - big red snapper and bearded clam combo?

Good thing my other buddy "bearded clam" wasnt on board:DBRS

River was DEAD this morning.Not a touch out of 20 boats.Mananged a sockeye and 2 springs after moving elsewhere. Had 2 other hit and runs.Socks are on the sounder and we targetted them on one line to no avail.The one we hit was while reeling in.

river was dead tonight as well, one fish caught "jigging" out of 25 boats. Me being new to this area.... does mean the river is done, or can we expect more runs coming through. thanks . hey kelly what depth are you hitting most your fish these days.

River will likely come on mid sept as the fish seem 2+ wks late. Im hitting them deep 200-250 outfront and 130-170 in nanoose. Out in the AM for that early low.

quote:Originally posted by darinb

river was dead tonight as well, one fish caught "jigging" out of 25 boats. Me being new to this area.... does mean the river is done, or can we expect more runs coming through. thanks .

The Little Q has not come on yet...if we get frequent rain over the next couple weeks, it never will come on...if it stays dry, the best fishing will happen around the 2nd week in September.
JMHO

Hey Clam, how's it going? Ya I'm planning West Coast trip in a couple weeks, gonna keep it simple. I think the timing might be good, they are still offshore. My buddy Todd is flyin in and Bushy sounds keen. I always have an extra seat if you get time but youre probably gettin ready to go shoot stuff. Bushy phoned my cell a couple hours ago and just bonked a 17lber at Gerald. I was there solo for a birthday troll and got skunked but it was a beautiful morning. Hey Kelly any more luck after I talked to you on the radio?BRS

Going to head to the Little Q in the am i think, first thing! If nothing brewing there, might try off French Creek for a bit... hope we can find one or two, the recent reports seem dismal.

fishing in the "Bangbus" - 16.5 centre console campion

Back