ECVI French Creek/Nanoose

Sounds like you got lucky, I always carry a sharp knife on my belt just in case.(ever see perfect storm when the guy gets the hook thru the hand). I think I'd rather fish for spring than sockeye, maybe if I had all the time you do I might go for sockeye :DBRS

Just got back today from a few days at Jedediah island. Lots of socks jumping in the sabine channel but nothing on the Ballenas side. That SE wind sure gets ugly over there. Tried to cross when it was blowing a bit but with the current going against it the waves stacked up pretty good. Decided to stay the extra night and not scare the wife too bad.

hit the Little Q this morning...35 boats and a handfull of fish caught. It's definitely starting to happen, but not on yet.

Large Baha Cruiser with twin Zukes arrived late from somewhere North...guess he thinks its ok to weave through the enitre fleet still on plane to get as close to the river as possible before stopping to set up his gear...how about stopping north of the fleet and trolling into the 'prime' spot next time?! News flash...not all the fish are hidding right under the fleet! [B)][}:)]
I'm sure it wasn't anyone on this forum, but if it was...USE SOME DAMN COMMON COURTESY NEXT TIME!

Heating up. Landed 8 legal springs yesterday and lost my first tyee of the year. Bonked 5 between 10-24 lbs. Also got a whale show as a pod went through.

kelly... at the little Q yesterday??

Might be heading out saturday morning, may see some of you out there.

quote:Originally posted by kelly

Heating up. Landed 8 legal springs yesterday and lost my first tyee of the year. Bonked 5 between 10-24 lbs. Also got a whale show as a pod went through.

Kelly...what time were you there? What length leaders? Thanks!

Pretty lumpy out there today. Lost a nice one beside Gerald was the only hit. Was showing lots of bait, luckily I managed a couple crab for dinner. Hey Kelly how did you make out after I left? Looked like you had a few rookies on board as well.BRS

That was stupid lumpy. I knew we would be the only guys insane enough to fish it. I pounded to french creek and bonked 3. All teeners and broke one low 20s off at the net.

very rough Sat is right! First wave we hit as we passed the break water at FC must've been 8'. Had company in and decided we were going anyway...should've just fished out front but decided to try the Little...saw maybe 3 fish caught, not even a sniff for us.
Had 1 puker and 1 on the verge.

Not sure if the ride back Sun afternoon from Sangster was lumpier than French Creek but that ride was wilder than the old PNE roller coaster. Had to tell my passenger that it wasn't too bad so he would'nt be too scared....it kinda worked. Was good practice for running the boat in heavy weather.

Nothing out at Sangster other than a few doggies and small hatch cohos. Tried for Sockeye for awhile as I saw some kinda big schools on the sounder but nothing.

Anyone going out after work today. Would be fun if we could meet up or if someone wants to go out I'd be happy to take you.

Kelly....I'm not sure if I've ever seen you out but I keep looking. Memory is fuzzy but are you fishing in a 17' or so Malibu??

Here is my boat...call me on ch68 if any of you see me out there. I can sometimes hear it over the music

P1000854-1.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Sangstercraft

Yeah i'm going out tonight, will try off the little Q. I have a slip at French Creek, where are you out of Mr Wood?

I moor my boat in Nuttal Bay which is one bay south of NW Bay. Looks flat out there at the moment so would be an easier run than normal.

Is Little Q producing much yet??

It's not producing for me yet, but I'm planning on running some new gear I hope will pay off. I've heard of some sockeye caught off French Creek, so I'll drop the sockeye gear if I see any jumpers. I'll let you know if it pays off. I fish out of a blue sangstercraft (19'), say Hi if you see me out there!

Back