Down rigger braid

Slabbedout

ISO 200lb or better POWER PRO or similar downrigger braid. I would like at least 1 @ 400’ but will buy more depending on what’s available.

Trotac. I went with TufLine as they were the best price with the best lengths for what I fish, 200lb x 300 feet. Best price and hung up our 15lb pancake and fully turned our 25 foot boat around without breaking a couple weeks ago. Amazon's Chinese direct braid was tempting but the QC work already done by members made me support local and saved the risk of loosing expensive balls.

Trotac. I went with TufLine as they were the best price with the best lengths for what I fish, 200lb x 300 feet. Best price and hung up our 15lb pancake and fully turned our 25 foot boat around without breaking a couple weeks ago. Amazon's Chinese direct braid was tempting but the QC work already done by members made me support local and saved the risk of loosing expensive balls.
its all made where????? just re branded.....
Ebay 2000 M thats 6561.68' feet for for $120 US shipping free.......... thats 16 strand hollow core just a 4-6 wait

Last edited:
Thanks, I will contact Trotac on Monday to see what they offer. A buddy of mine also said if you talk nice to Scotty they will spool your riggers up with bulk braid cheaper than buying it from a retail place ? DOES ANYONE HAVE A PREFERENCE FOR ONE BRAND OR PRODUCT OVER ANOTHER ? Say Scotty 200lb braid vs Tuffline or Powerpro ?

I have not ever had these riggers serviced so I figure they could use a once over. Once April and no retention starts I will take them in.

Go with Tufline 200lb

Fished some of the aftermarket Proline but it’s quite thick and tends to have more drag.

Thanks, I will contact Trotac on Monday to see what they offer. A buddy of mine also said if you talk nice to Scotty they will spool your riggers up with bulk braid cheaper than buying it from a retail place ? DOES ANYONE HAVE A PREFERENCE FOR ONE BRAND OR PRODUCT OVER ANOTHER ? Say Scotty 200lb braid vs Tuffline or Powerpro ?

I have not ever had these riggers serviced so I figure they could use a once over. Once April and no retention starts I will take them in.
If I am getting my scotties serviced for free I just buy their braid, such a great deal since they spool it on for free and are awesome. If I'm not going with Scotty it is tufline 200lb 300 feet.

its all made where????? just re branded.....
Ebay 2000 M thats 6561.68' feet for for $120 US shipping free.......... thats 16 strand hollow core just a 4-6 wait
I'm sure there is great braided line out of china but when you dig into the the reviews on Amazon and others on the forum I decided buy local. You do you. Ebay is a pain for refunds and it is worse for being able see actual reviews than Amazon but I'm sure some have had great experience.

Whatever you buy, put a snubber on it. Braid will not stretch and if someone free falls a downrigger ball then panic brakes - they will likely snap the braid. The snubber may just save your balls! Also, fck amazon. Buy from someone local. blah..JPG

Whatever you buy, put a snubber on it. Braid will not stretch and if someone free falls a downrigger ball then panic brakes - they will likely snap the braid. The snubber may just save your balls! Also, fck amazon. Buy from someone local. View attachment 62211

I have been using the heavy green snubbers with a swivel on end and a snap swivel on the other from Trotac for years. I believe they are tuna snubbers ? They seem way stronger than the Scotty ones and I never really cared for the clip on the Scotty ones

Back