Derby's Canuck emporium

Wow, lot more energy and push back tonight. 2 more of those and we are off to the races. Liked Miller, he was a difference maker. Think key to success is to go into Cow Town and hit em hard, play aggressive and lay the boots to em. Then score a few goals.

Looking like I don't have to buy that bottle just yet!
Fear not you will be buying that bottle soon.
Calgary will be a different team at home on Saturday
Not happy with the lines Willy is putting together.

I have learned to hate the fan base here.....more specifically at Rogers Arena.

I was at game 4 in calgary and game 5 here tonight. If the saddledome was louder, it wasn't by much. That's the loudest I've seen Rogers arena since SCF 2011. Great atmosphere there tonight. Not many empty seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, they got a win....call me a pessimist, but I was kinda hoping for a loss so I could get outside and start to enjoy summer....I guess I'll have to postpone that plan for a couple more days!

I have learned to hate the fan base here.....more specifically at Rogers Arena.
Yep too much corporate and not enough passionate. Too many suits and not enough jeans. It amazes me to see families there. How the hell does someone afford seats for 4 and all the peripheral costs? Makes it a $750.00o night! Get more of the passionate middle incomers in there. They are the most fun, loudest, craziest, dressed up fans.

Did anyone see the fan at the last Saddledome game dressed up like WALDO in that sea of red? too funny.

Outshoot the other team by 20 and you're probably gonna win, great job by the Canucks particularly in preventing Calgary from getting anything going in the 3rd, where they've been good all season. Bonino's game winner - where does that amazing shot go and hide for weeks and months at a time??!!!

Agree with some of the HNIC commentary that Calgary let Miller off easy with so few shots, thought he looked scrambly after the first goal in the sequence with the post hit and puck behind him. After that was barely tested for a period and a half and settled in nicely.

Anyone notice Bieksa and Sbisa switching sides for a while to give the old man a break from the beating he's been taking from Ferland? He and Weber are gonna be sore at the end of the series - gotta respect the pounding all of these guys are willing to take!!

Ukee

Ferland is today's sensation for CBC but he's just check fodder. Good story and all that, hope he makes a long career but the odds are not in his favour.

Still baffled by Tapatalk

Wow, they got a win....call me a pessimist, but I was kinda hoping for a loss so I could get outside and start to enjoy summer....I guess I'll have to postpone that plan for a couple more days!

a true fan right there :)

was a great game, indeed the pressure is now on calgary - one of the toughest wins is the series clincher.

go nucks!

Don't get me wrong Banger, I'm a 'nucks fan through and through. However, I said to myself anything we get for playoffs this year would be a bonus seeing as this is a 're-tooling' year. The point I was getting at was that it's a challenge to be inerested in hockey when it's 25C outside, and the fish are biting!(BTW...I know it's cooled off on the coast this week, but it was nice and hot when I left for work, and I'm hoping for the same when I get back!)

How about Raymond's breakaway... Lol ;)

Awesome to see them stay alive. The giveaways and sloppy play leaving their zone needs to change!
The canucks have surprised everyone, all year long, so let's see what they can do tomorrow in Calgary.

Miller was solid.

I was at game 4 in calgary and game 5 here tonight. If the saddledome was louder, it wasn't by much. That's the loudest I've seen Rogers arena since SCF 2011. Great atmosphere there tonight. Not many empty seats

That's good to hear harper. I've just become SO sick of the atmosphere.....and a general group of individuals who always seem to be involved in any and all fights that break out. I don't even take free tickets anymore....have turned down a bunch this year. The last game I was at in 2013-14....Blackhawks game and there was a young kid sitting with his Dad next to me wearing a Hawks Jersey. About 8 rows down was another Hawks jersey....I am all about representing your team and maybe some fun banter. I was joking with the kid next to me saying "if your team scores you better not stand up!". His Dad my buddy and I were having fun....and the kid was laughing. Well this group of Persian dudes proceeded by mid-Second period to basically challenge the dude 8 rows down to a fight.....and when Chicago scored they flipped the bird at the kid sitting next to me when he jumped up. I have seen SO much of that crap in the past half dozen games I have been to I just can't be bothered to go.

Similar thing happened to a buddy who is a died hard Leafs fan....he's early 50's and took his 8 year old son to a game last year....NO jersey's or Leafs stuff on at all. His son jumped up to cheer for a Leafs goal and the cursory words that flew at him were ridiculous. My buddy was just looking at people saying "Buddy!! He's 8 years old!!!". He's in the same boat with me that it's not even worth it.....free tickets or not it's just become un-enjoyable. I have been two 2 games since but I was in a box away from the riff raff.....that I can tolerate; as elitist as it sounds. ;)

But not to detract.....Harper I am sure glad it was a great atmosphere in there. I was at the 2 home games the last time they were in and the building WAS electric. I was envious of my Dad and bro-in-law getting to experience that in Winnipeg this week. :cool:

Yep, that can really put a damper on a night when some asshat is embarrassing a whole section by chirping a child. Seen it too many times. But I can tell you from experience, the same ******** happens in every barn where the fans are engaged (canada).

Ps: Canucks playoff resale tix are the lowest in canada right now. Only one way to improve the atmosphere....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I can tell you from experience, the same ******** happens in every barn where the fans are engaged (canada).

Ya.....I was in the Peg and went on a 'date' to a game with my 10 yr old niece as a Xmas gift. Two rows behind this chick was dropping more f-Bombs than the coach of the Cincinnati Reds did earlier this week. Finally a bunch of people (all season tix holders in this section), including myself all told her to shut her yap. My niece was funny, just rolling her eyes....saying something to the effect of "she's pretty drunk I think". :D

In conclusion......My Flyers out, I was pulling for the Jets as I think every hockey fan outside of Anaheim was......and I am a Vancouver 'hometown' fan.....so GO NUCKS!!!! :D

Here's a snippet for Jackel; Nonis still thinks he's the man! :p

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...haneuf-on-table-phil-kessel-brendan-shanahan/

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get me wrong Banger, I'm a 'nucks fan through and through. However, I said to myself anything we get for playoffs this year would be a bonus seeing as this is a 're-tooling' year. The point I was getting at was that it's a challenge to be inerested in hockey when it's 25C outside, and the fish are biting!(BTW...I know it's cooled off on the coast this week, but it was nice and hot when I left for work, and I'm hoping for the same when I get back!)

Its all good Pinball, I know what you are saying for sure! I am in it until the end, one way or the other...

Had my 6 year old daughter who is a so-so hockey fan want to put on her jersey for the second time yesterday to watch the game with me. We donned the jerseys together and they won. To me, i am happy they won... to her, they won because of the jerseys we wore in spirit - its what its all about!

going to game 7... cant wait!

Been to a couple of Hawks vs. Canucks games wearing the Indian head and had zero negative encounters. One guy was curious about how long I'd been a Hawks fan and that was about it. Usual crap about a few asshats spoiling the experience for everyone around them. Bumper sticker that says the more people I meet , the more I like my dog rings truer every day.

Got me wondering if I'd wear a jersey to another game.

That's good to hear harper. I've just become SO sick of the atmosphere.....and a general group of individuals who always seem to be involved in any and all fights that break out. I don't even take free tickets anymore....have turned down a bunch this year. The last game I was at in 2013-14....Blackhawks game and there was a young kid sitting with his Dad next to me wearing a Hawks Jersey. About 8 rows down was another Hawks jersey....I am all about representing your team and maybe some fun banter. I was joking with the kid next to me saying "if your team scores you better not stand up!". His Dad my buddy and I were having fun....and the kid was laughing. Well this group of Persian dudes proceeded by mid-Second period to basically challenge the dude 8 rows down to a fight.....and when Chicago scored they flipped the bird at the kid sitting next to me when he jumped up. I have seen SO much of that crap in the past half dozen games I have been to I just can't be bothered to go.

Similar thing happened to a buddy who is a died hard Leafs fan....he's early 50's and took his 8 year old son to a game last year....NO jersey's or Leafs stuff on at all. His son jumped up to cheer for a Leafs goal and the cursory words that flew at him were ridiculous. My buddy was just looking at people saying "Buddy!! He's 8 years old!!!". He's in the same boat with me that it's not even worth it.....free tickets or not it's just become un-enjoyable. I have been two 2 games since but I was in a box away from the riff raff.....that I can tolerate; as elitist as it sounds. ;)

But not to detract.....Harper I am sure glad it was a great atmosphere in there. I was at the 2 home games the last time they were in and the building WAS electric. I was envious of my Dad and bro-in-law getting to experience that in Winnipeg this week. :cool:

Ya....Bows Up, there are good interactions for sure. All in good fun like this thread which I have witnessed there. I have just been witness to far too many bad ones in recent years largely involving certain groups. Last game I was at we left midway thru the second and went to a nice restaurant to watch the end; much more enjoyable there....hahaha.

I bartended at the Shark Club back in its hayday and have been witness to the varied attendees at games. We always used to laugh...guys with dates going to games if a cellar dweller team was in town. Original 6 or big rivalry team.....boys night and it is gonna get ugly. :p

Back in the day for us behind the bar who liked to chat up Chiquita's.....Minnesota, Columbus, Florida etc made things easier on the eyes. ;)

Here at Dery's Canuck Nation thread...we welcome everyone...who knows you may learn to copy our towel wave :)

canucks-1.gif

"GO CANUCKS"

Back