Derby's Canuck emporium

CBC have a total hard on for Ferland and a hate on for Bieksa. They should be embarrassed.

Still baffled by Tapatalk

Next year. Always next year. At least they got to play at least 5 more games this year than last. Next year.

Nucks are done unless they can put on their big boy pants from here in. Looks like Miller will be starting next game.

Not enough traffic in front of the net. They sure could use a big body in front. What's the outlook for Kassian?

Any event, its go time for the physical play or pull out the golf sticks.

Nucks are done unless they can put on their big boy pants from here in. Looks like Miller will be starting next game.

Not enough traffic in front of the net. They sure could use a big body in front. What's the outlook for Kassian?

FORE is all that can be said.... if they play another period like the first... Miller played great...:)

FORE is all that can be said.... if they play another period like the first... Miller played great...:)

dave-hester-1.jpg

Calgary deserves to move onto round 2...

Even though Winterpeg is down 3-0 anyone been watching that? I'm sore from that one..

Last edited by a moderator:
Liked what I saw of Miller for sure. More aggressive forechecking, hard hitting, take away time and space for anyone touching the puck is part of the key to success. If we can get more traffic in front of the net that will also help to create opportunities. Apparently if you run the goalie that is OK because if your guys retaliate they get the penalties.

dave-hester-1.jpg

Calgary deserves to move onto round 2...

Even though Winterpeg is down 3-0 anyone been watching that? I'm sore from that one..

I have but truthfully at least Winnipeg didn't sleep through it. Winnipeg has tried every game, and they just our outmatched... Not like this game I just don't think Canucks want it that bad..You can see it in Calgary... They deserve to win the series...

Last edited by a moderator:
Jets games have been fun to watch, except for the third period. Tonight's nucks game was just painful, lack of skill, effort, passion u name it. Knew they didn't have depth to go far and surprised they made the playoffs but it's time to blow up the core and bring in new blood. There vets are just getting to old and slow for today's game, sedins need to be second liners even though they were better than pretty much everyone, which should tell you something.

Kassian is out for the year with a bulging disc in the back......surgery imminent

I've only been able to watch the last two games. Looks like Calgary is playing for the cup and vancouver is still playing regular season games.

The canucks have surprised me all year but unless something crazy happens.... They are out.

Yup I thought Miller played really well. I'm sure we will see him tomorrow night. The first line needs to step up or we are done ..............

The first line did its job. The first line is why Vancouver is even in the playoffs!!!! Make no doubt about it without the Sedins Vancouver would never have made it in the west division. What Vancouver needs is another line of big, skilled Canadian boys to take the other teams best checkers off the twins in the playoffs.

I have but truthfully at least Winnipeg didn't sleep through it. Winnipeg has tried every game, and they just our outmatched... Not like this game I just don't think Canucks want it that bad..You can see it in Calgary... They deserve to win the series...
There is still hope but not looking good right now..

Dear Winnipeg,

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Canada

The first line did its job. The first line is why Vancouver is even in the playoffs!!!! Make no doubt about it without the Sedins Vancouver would never have made it in the west division. What Vancouver needs is another line of big, skilled Canadian boys to take the other teams best checkers off the twins in the playoffs.

Ya for sure we wouldn't even be here without them but really if we can't get thru the first round what's the point really. I think we need to build more towards next year and a more tougher playoff team. I still have hope for tomorrows game !!

Agree they're in tough but still not bad for a team still very early in their re-build. Have to wonder what the future holds for Higgins, Bieksa, Bonino and perhaps even Burrows? Would be surprised if more than two on that list are on the starting roster at the beginning of next season. Future's bright for the likes of Horvat, Kenins, Tanev, Matthias and Weber. Maybe one more year for the Sedins as the #1 line, after that we'd better hope others are ready to take on that role and those minutes.

Ukee

Back