Cuts of meat on sale

A Chinese ban on Canadian beef that industry officials expected would be short-lived remains in place 17 months later, and industry representatives say they remain in the dark about the reasons.

Oh, I thought this was a new thing. The news made it sound like it was in retaliation for that diplomat getting the boot.

Costco in Courtenay is selling wild caught spot tail prawns. I bought a couple of trays and it worked out to be $2 a prawn and these are jumbos heads on. Prawning has been terrible for me this year and these work out cheaper than catch your own when you factor in all the associated costs.

Correction on my post. They are wild caught Argentinian prawns. I guess I got excited when I saw "wild caught". They were very tasty though.

Correction on my post. They are wild caught Argentinian prawns. I guess I got excited when I saw "wild caught". They were very tasty though.
Those argentinian wild prawns can be quite good (not as good as our spot prawns but the best of the rest that I've found). I find the large ones with shell on are the best tasting of what they offer. One thing to be very aware of when buy them is the date in which they were packaged, save on has them sale frequently and I had been buying them, then I had a pack that wasn't that good so next time at save on they were on sale I checked the dates and some were almost 2 yrs old, if you get them less than a yr old they are pretty good as they are flash frozen at sea, just be careful. I found the already arg. pealed prawns to be not nearly as good and wouldn't buy them at any price.

Back