Cuts of meat on sale

I sent the wife to Superstore to buy a brisket, she came home with a Giant piece of meat. Never cooked one before going to do some reading before getting started
Salt and pepper. Smoke for 1.25-1.5 hours per pound between 225-275 degrees. When the internal temp hits anywhere between 165-185 wrap it in foil or non waxed butchers paper and put it back on the smoker or in your oven until the whole thing jiggels (200-205 IT). Let it rest for an hour then slice in 1/4" slices and have mustard, bread and a beer ready to go.

I sent the wife to Superstore to buy a brisket, she came home with a Giant piece of meat. Never cooked one before going to do some reading before getting started
Dont forget about burnt ends! Follow @Rain City method (I add course garlic). But before you wrap cut off the point, chop into small pieces 1"x1" re season and through back in the smoker in a foil pan while rest of meat comes to temp. Once done cover in BBQ sauce.

By far my favorite part!

Dont forget about burnt ends! Follow @Rain City method (I add course garlic). But before you wrap cut off the point, chop into small pieces 1"x1" re season and through back in the smoker in a foil pan while rest of meat comes to temp. Once done cover in BBQ sauce.

By far my favorite part!
Do you find your point ends up dry is that why you do that? Everyone talks about it but I've never tried.

No. I do it because they are amazing!

Give it a try. It will change your life!
what is the theory behind doing it with that portion specifically though? I guess that's what I'm trying to understand.

what is the theory behind doing it with that portion specifically though? I guess that's what I'm trying to understand.

Sorry, I can't help with the why. It's just something I read and tried. All I know is it's always everyone's favorite part and the first to go.

Sorry, I can't help with the why. It's just something I read and tried. All I know is it's always everyone's favorite part and the first to go.
Haha fiiiiiine. I might take a portion out of the freezer and do them up that way

By far my favorite part!
Might have to give that a try this weekend

Nobody has seen pork bellies yet?

You can order a case right from Britco/Donald's Fine Foods...Fishing solo and I split a case a year or two back for about $3/lb
Has anyone done this with Hertels on the island?

no need to wait for a sale. Costco has huge bellies for around 45$ all the time. I get ours there and am happy with the price
how much do these weigh?

Back