Coyote spoons

I haven't bought Coyote in ages.........for that reason......

I personally think SilverHorde spoons will out fish Coyote.......And guys using TKO get good results as well....

I haven't bought Coyote in ages.........for that reason......

I personally think SilverHorde spoons will out fish Coyote.......And guys using TKO get good results as well....

My experience thus far from personal and charter fishing is that Coyotes are more productive than Silver Hordes.

Original Coyotes are, in my opinion, a superior product and last longer. I have had chinooks bend Silver Hordes in half and twist them into pretzels. I put them back down after "correcting the bends" and it wouldn't produce well.

I use certain Made in China Coyote Spoons with painted finishes and swap out the hook for a Classic 9510 Mustad 4/0 or 5/0 and have kicked the tar out of Silver Hordes. Unfortunately, my Horde of Coyotes is dwindling now.

I have good things to say about TKO but have not fished it off against Coyotes or Silver Hordes.

I was going to test the G Force....haven't done so myself but the Gibbs Delta Prostaff have been lighting up social media eschewing the productivity of the spoons.

I am usually on the "bigger is better" train and am well known for fishing the biggest hooks and lures in the guided fleet and receiving skeptical smirks and scoffs for it..

..I like to see things for myself and make my own call before telling people to buy a spoon...but spending 6 bucks on a spoon to have Chinook Number 2 bend it into unproductivity kinda sucks.

Anyways, if you're catching fish and it works for you, fine..your results may vary....

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes...the original USA Coyotes were good......

but I'm not impressed with their stuff hanging on the racks now.........

Back