AP Tackleworks spoons

Mausermike14

Hi everyone, hope you are having an awesome August catching all those springs!
I am looking for some opinions on what AP spoons to get. I have always ran gibbs skinny g's and silver horde spoons. The quality has gone down the tubes and there not worth the price. I always try to support local, and am looking at switching over to the AP spoons. I was looking at there website and they look great. I did noticed they have anchovie, herring, and sandlance spoons avaliable. My question to everyone is, what is your favorites? Shape and colours?

Thanks Mike

The bluewolf lol its basicllay all that I run is these spoons last for years .
Im using the micros right now as they got 2 springs today the green and glow small herring. A few weeks back I ran the 6 inch one by itself and a memeber on here played a few fish no flasher was a balst lemon lime. Thay are all good go with some micros and small herring and anchovie cant go wrong.

Good luck wolf

I also have had very limited success with AP spoons. I know they work as friends swear by them. Give me another go, they do pay off.
Heavy spoons need a faster speed I find. I'm a slow roller so I like the cheap garbage tin chinese junk ones that catch tons of fish.

I run AP sandlance at Tunstall in the winter only.

The bluewolf lol its basicllay all that I run is these spoons last for years .
Im using the micros right now as they got 2 springs today the green and glow small herring. A few weeks back I ran the 6 inch one by itself and a memeber on here played a few fish no flasher was a balst lemon lime. Thay are all good go with some micros and small herring and anchovie cant go wrong.

Good luck wolf
Micro as in the new 2” version?

Lemon Lime colour for sure. Some lodges use the 5” herring lemon lime without flasher, down here a matching flasher seems to help. I have a bunch. Rain City is correct, they do not flutter the way a light skinny g or wee g does, heavier so different actions.

70589934777__8F04B2F7-E0AD-47F3-81D2-1E041354A069.jpeg
IMG_6170.jpegIMG_6215.jpeg

Last edited:
Have a look at West Coast Fishing Tackle’s spoons. Lots of options with styles and colors and far better quality than the mass produced spoons of the big boys. Another local guy worth supporting who is making a go at being a player in the tackle game.

Back