Commander 26 Re Build

This is full blown defamation of the Coastal Commander.
Don’t take it to Powell River, you‘d be tarred and feathered, and boat would be a the bottom of the chuck. Just got back from there today. Over 20 Commanders in the marina right now. Had a beer with a couple of owners and asked about removing the bridge, lots of laughing.

Don’t take it to Powell River, you‘d be tarred and feathered, and boat would be a the bottom of the chuck. Just got back from there today. Over 20 Commanders in the marina right now. Had a beer with a couple of owners and asked about removing the bridge, lots of laughing.
So you’re saying I won’t be invited to the commander rendezvous?

I tried to figure out a nice way to mount the tender on the flybridge but haven't come up with anything yet. I might just mount it on the pod above the motors. Keep the bridge, the hens love to suntan up there. I give mine the remote for the kicker steering and she drives from up there while I maintain the rods 🤣. If you do get rid of it some type of storage capsule/brow might be neat to fab up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231009_102210_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20231009_102210_Facebook.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 53
Trim half the height off the bridge. Leave it as storage. Still have some type of seating cause it is nice up there on anchor. Have the second helm at the back. Thats what I'd do.

So besides me, Seth, Marley, Dan , Aces and everyone that’s under the age of 30,
Everyone is for the flybridge!!?!?!?

Tough decision, I really like the way it looks with the bridge but absolutely drool over it without the top.
As part of the under 30 crowd I vote topless too haha!

Lighter
Faster
More stable
Less expensive
Less time till you're back on the water... maybe even in time for summer!
More room to store a tender, paddle boards, kayaks, crab/prawn traps etc.

A nice fabricated radar arch would help to break up the long and flat roof line to improve looks.

X2

I tried using an image eraser real quick on the phone camera editor. Just to see what it would look like reducing that height of the dodger. Just to see if you can just cut that down and save a ton of work. Make a rail cap on the top or somthing to trim out the top edges. Removing the helm Completely. Turning it into a storage area. Can do what rain city did and put a radar right out the front, or trim it out the top with railing and put a radar on the front of it. Dunno... It's interesting for sure.

Screenshot_20231207_173640_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20231207_172147_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231207_174613_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
As part of the under 30 crowd I vote topless too haha!

Lighter
Faster
More stable
Less expensive
Less time till you're back on the water... maybe even in time for summer!
More room to store a tender, paddle boards, kayaks, crab/prawn traps etc.

A nice fabricated radar arch would help to break up the long and flat roof line to improve looks.
Right on, thank you

Trim half the height off the bridge. Leave it as storage. Still have some type of seating cause it is nice up there on anchor. Have the second helm at the back. Thats what I'd do.
X2

I tried using an image eraser real quick on the phone camera editor. Just to see what it would look like reducing that height of the dodger. Just to see if you can just cut that down and save a ton of work. Make a rail cap on the top or somthing to trim out the top edges. Removing the helm Completely. Turning it into a storage area. Can do what rain city did and put a radar right out the front, or trim it out the top with railing and put a radar on the front of it. Dunno... It's interesting for sure.

View attachment 100431
View attachment 100429
View attachment 100430
I just can’t see her looking good with half a dodger…
Kinda looks funny
And a **** load of work

I could see keeping it and only having 2 stations - below and cockpit - if you're worried about the complexity and cost of 3 stations. I think most boats are short of usable real estate, and that's a bit chunk to give up.

I am with @ship happens - I think cutting at the middle point with a bit of an upturn at the forward lip to sort of match the factory lines, but without the height would look cool. Under 40 but over 30, so not sure if my opinion matters 🤣

Bonus is that your storage will be more usable if you just want to toss stuff up there without tying it down. Don’t have to worry when you’re trolling or at anchor and some clown in a bigger boat rolls by 30 yards away at half step and your boat starts rocking around. I guess you have storage down low, but like some said, it’s not super accessible with stuff on the deck, unless maybe you plan on partitioning the hatches so they can be raised/lowered in sections.
7FA125DA-6A15-4B39-ADA9-23C722B5B22A.jpeg

Last edited:
Back