Commander 26 Re Build

No plans at the moment for anything but completing the deck and sealing the boat up.
I thought about the interior a lot and I must say the original commander did a great job utilizing the space inside, pretty hard to redesign it to make it check off more boxes. Suspension seats would be a nice add on.
He won’t need suspension seats it’s heavy glass

The last board is off, looks like I have a decent surface to work with, don’t like some of the fibreglass run off that accumulated over night and of course the million screw holes. But at the end of the day, everything straighten up nicely, looks flush with the eye from every angle. Short lived victory, on to the corners and cabin wall which I have to make a game plan for before I get too carried away thinking about 300’s or suspension seats.
Once I get the corners in I will glass everything up from behind again and add a layer of roving. IMG_0268.jpegIMG_0267.jpeg

I just need a helm… and a bucket to sit on
For some reason that how I picture the maiden voyage 🤣
With even twin 150's she'll fricken fly, no need to even sit down you'll get places so quick. Just don't put stupid stuff on like a microwave. I've debating pulling my deck and speakers, more space flashers and less weight, and a bluetooth speaker is all you need. I almost regret putting the hot water tank in, but hopefully we will have some good use of it in the summers as the kids are a little older now, I'm not ripping it out of the boat a second time after the first owner did.

Nothing wrong with a bucket but I figure you will need a tiller extension and just throw one of these on, skip the helm.

Great progress!

Well what seemed like a couple days off admiring my work 😁 turned into a couple weeks.
Back at it today.

But…on a different note, I have a dilemma.
I LOVE the way she looks with the top off!!!!
Always have, was a bit disappointed to see the top go on. For months now I been thinking to take it off again, the urge is real now….

Top on best place to cruise from in the summer by far and makes the boat a summer boat and winter boat. Who wants to sit inside all summer? I go for function over looks. I often catch transients having happy hr on the bridge at our dock because they can see over the breakwater to catch the sunset.

I agree with leftcoast it's hard to beat having a drink up there enjoying the view in the summer. It's also awesome for stuffing people up there while your fishing. Birds eye view of the rods and they're out of the way 👍

Top on best place to cruise from in the summer by far and makes the boat a summer boat and winter boat. Who wants to sit inside all summer? I go for function over looks. I often catch transients having happy hr on the bridge at our dock because they can see over the breakwater to catch the sunset.
I agree with leftcoast it's hard to beat having a drink up there enjoying the view in the summer. It's also awesome for stuffing people up there while your fishing. Birds eye view of the rods and they're out of the way 👍
I hear ya guys, good arguments both ways, the bridge is one of the reasons I went with the commander in the first place.
But after seeing her with her top off… mmmm

Back