Commander 26 Re Build

Ya man, this worked out great well done, must have been a real pita!
It wasn’t bad at all. Got my blanket, was able to lay down comfortably the entire time and just give er. Couldn’t see very well what I was doing, the angle looking up makes it hard to see if any spots were missed rolling. The pics with my phone after it was completed was actually the first time I clearly seen my work.
Working on the bow really taxed my entire body, that was a pita

Yes all mat, I was contemplating adding some roving but during prepping I didn’t see anything but mat on the deck from factory, so I don’t think it really needs it.
Both sides are still pretty flimsy and need more layers, unless it stiffens up more, I might add some roving on the finishing round

Yes all mat, I was contemplating adding some roving but during prepping I didn’t see anything but mat on the deck from factory, so I don’t think it really needs it.
Both sides are still pretty flimsy and need more layers, unless it stiffens up more, I might add some roving on the finishing round
Or you could add some structure, as someone had suggested.

Got the other side board off. Both sides look really straight and feel even better. Learned a couple things from the first time and secured this second board tighter at the corners, definitely more happier with this side as there will be less work in the back corner compared to the other.

Missed a day so will have to post 7 pics today 🤣IMG_0256.jpegIMG_0258.jpegIMG_0259.jpegIMG_0263.jpegIMG_0262.jpegIMG_0261.jpegIMG_0265.jpeg

what is the plan for scuppers? I vote 4"deck grated in each back corner , hard piped to the scupper valve. is there an existing well area built into the floor?

what is the plan for scuppers? I vote 4"deck grated in each back corner , hard piped to the scupper valve. is there an existing well area built into the floor?
I don’t think that would fit, the plan is to keep the original side deck drains, yes there’s a nice well area big enough for 2 bilge pumps with pvc pipe glassed thru the stringers

Double post, glassed the back this evening, comfortable but can’t really see, laid it up good enough to pull the board tomorrow,
Had weird thought’s running thru my head like this thread will end one day

So what's the plan for power, still twin 200 yamahas?
Nah, I would love more power, not gonna think about it too much at the moment
Right now going to plug away one thing at a time, starting with the hardest, finish the deck

Nah, I would love more power, not gonna think about it too much at the moment
Right now going to plug away one thing at a time, starting with the hardest, finish the deck
That’s a lot of words to say “Quad 450s”

250's have the same displacement, more that enough to rattle the cutlery and teeth. Any plans for suspension seats?
No plans at the moment for anything but completing the deck and sealing the boat up.
I thought about the interior a lot and I must say the original commander did a great job utilizing the space inside, pretty hard to redesign it to make it check off more boxes. Suspension seats would be a nice add on.

Back