Commander 26 Re Build

Awesome boat build but I can hardly wait until you get into the next phase of your build. I'm sure you feel the same way.

Pretty sure it's time to crowd fund and buy the commander molds and get them churning out soon! Your glass man on board?
That brings me to a question. At what point is it just easier to flip it, make a mold and build a new hull? I am sure if you could build a few it might be worth it. Sttr is basically building a new boat other than the hull itself. Is is still much more cost effective to start with an old hull?

That brings me to a question. At what point is it just easier to flip it, make a mold and build a new hull? I am sure if you could build a few it might be worth it. Sttr is basically building a new boat other than the hull itself. Is is still much more cost effective to start with an old hull?
In todays world with supply chain issues and prices skyrocketing for materials, I’m not really sure if its more cost effective, LoL. It’s just outright scary to be in any manufacturing lately because of lack of supplies. I’m still going to put everything together at the end of the day and we will see. I paid 15k for the boat to start,
So I’m not going to cry putting in another 20k plus into the hull and have a solid commander hull from top to bottem.
Also keep in mind I’m actually repairing the hull and not building a new boat :)

In todays world with supply chain issues and prices skyrocketing for materials, I’m not really sure if its more cost effective, LoL. It’s just outright scary to be in any manufacturing lately because of lack of supplies. I’m still going to put everything together at the end of the day and we will see. I paid 15k for the boat to start,
So I’m not going to cry putting in another 20k plus into the hull and have a solid commander hull from top to bottem.
Also keep in mind I’m actually repairing the hull and not building a new boat :)
That must help from an insurance standpoint too as you have a hull serial number. If you built a new hull without a proper company and registration it would just be a homebuilt boat I guess

That must help from an insurance standpoint too as you have a hull serial number. If you built a new hull without a proper company and registration it would just be a homebuilt boat I guess
That’s the other part of the rebuild I am paying close attention to. My first insurance quote covered the boat at 120k. 100k for motors and 20k for the boat LMAO.

Either way im pretty sure the materials to build boats now are tripled if not more from what it was 20 years ago

I think the last time i bought resin was 10 years ago. Think we were paying around 140 per 5 gal

Back