Commander 26 Re Build

First coat is on, was hoping to get all 5 done but spraying the top is very awkward as once you spray you run out of room to stand. The boat looks great however all the irregularities came out and will have to apply some gel coat paste before the next passes.

Was just reading my motor suppliers latest email pushing me to get my boat in for motors Asap.
I think the time is come to drop my boat off for the pod and motors. Sorry Doug no hard feelings, but I think your boss wants to close this deal, I’m sure you understand,Monday time to go to Lordship, call Anisur, let’s figure out how to get this pod and motors on while I’m getting marrried.

It’s supposed to be an exciting day with some fresh gel but instead I’m thinking about Lordship and my motors… here’s some pics View attachment 82695View attachment 82696View attachment 82697View attachment 82698
Absolutely amazing! When your done you and Ron want a hourston project? I will find a 23.

There's a lot of places where the cables will be 45 degrees back, and 45 degrees under the boat (left or right). Think Thrasher rock / Gabriola area during big current / tide swings.

In those areas, when you put the riggers as aft most as possible, you stand a chance of getting the cables out behind the props before they move 45 degrees to the side of the boat. If you mid ship mount the riggers the cables will be under the boat.

Lots of guys don't fish in those crazy currents... those are the guys who say mount midship.

If you plan to fish in the big currents / tide changes.. as aft as you can and still be comfortable.
this is the correct answer.

and i’ll add big currents and tide rips is where the salmon like to hang.
i lean over my rigger using it as a point to secure myself, grab the downrigger clip. it’s not hard

5 passes done…. Time to sand one off.
Got a little out of control with the water hose today washing the PVA off, ended up rinsing the entire boat inside, starting the transom at 220, Ron wants to be able to read the smallest writing on this box from the reflection, getting there. soaked my phone playing with the boat and water, couldn’t charge it limited pics…5426D122-EE29-4B1A-8A4F-84AC7FA5151E.jpegB5037569-E6C9-465E-8784-923F8EA807D1.jpegBF4FDEA7-C4F3-4C06-A208-247C6E6F9F01.jpegD3BB1EB7-EAB1-4430-BDD9-4F6B77B0851E.jpeg377AEE61-805F-4226-8D93-FF2701767225.jpegEFEEFE89-EEF4-4CD6-A2F9-B7579E0885C1.jpeg

5 passes done…. Time to sand one off.
Got a little out of control with the water hose today washing the PVA off, ended up rinsing the entire boat inside, starting the transom at 220, Ron wants to be able to read the smallest writing on this box from the reflection, getting there. soaked my phone playing with the boat and water, couldn’t charge it limited pics…View attachment 82894View attachment 82890View attachment 82889View attachment 82891View attachment 82892View attachment 82893
Why washing?

Here’s a good pic of the residue from the PVA. It’s like a greenish film that settles on top of the gel coat. After a quick wipe it comes off17A408D3-DE6F-48C5-8F7E-2BD59616D16F.png

Not really planning to sand the boat right now. Priority is around the rubrail area, so I can install the rubrail on a finished surface and have plenty of access to mount hardware inside. Once the rub rail is on , will be focusing on installing the walls and v berth.

Not really planning to sand the boat right now. Priority is around the rubrail area, so I can install the rubrail on a finished surface and have plenty of access to mount hardware inside. Once the rub rail is on , will be focusing on installing the walls and v berth.
Sand and polish, at least sand to the polish point, odds are you're going to have to spray some more. 2 cents...

Ok guys, I’m still not allowed to touch my boat but I’m back and had to go see her today. Shop is a mess but the boat looks great! Will See Ron tomorrow and make a plan for the weekend. If I’m not mistaken we are ready to polish and install the rub rail.D251625F-CB80-4237-B0A2-C233AEA16CFF.jpeg

Ok guys, I’m still not allowed to touch my boat but I’m back and had to go see her today. Shop is a mess but the boat looks great! Will See Ron tomorrow and make a plan for the weekend. If I’m not mistaken we are ready to polish and install the rub rail.View attachment 83207
Did you get married?

U guys owe me some fish pics for posting some wedding pics. The Bamfield boys are doing a great job since raincity gave them a push and reports aren’t a week late, wolf doing a great job. The rest need to pick it up :)

Back