Commander 26 Re Build

Here’s a few pics of today, starting to cut out pieces for the interior.
This is going way too slow for my likings but it’s going. Tomorrow I have a full day with Ron finally so hoping to get some work in.35BD53F9-5FE0-4184-A740-9ED0A34F0D65.jpegF0E6D4EE-6181-4923-A312-8783DD8DE60A.jpeg0B893F62-9744-4CD6-90B2-806B55606092.jpegD0D01E21-53BC-4426-B136-0574188ABC28.jpeg48BD5A14-AD64-4BF8-A0EC-D3470CCE3CDA.jpeg

I’m not liking the blue bottom paint anymore
Just keep one thing in mind. Black attracts heat. I spend lots of time at the travel lift yard, lots of of boats with bottom paint and every haul out from May to September the black hulls has 70% more growth due to sun. Sun equals heat and here comes the growth. The boat boat's with blue CSC have some slime but it's easy to remove with no blue water coming off. The black hulls... well; black water and not much paint left after. Just my observation. Most of the black hulled boats also get used every weekend, but the growth with heat doesn't polish. Not trying to rain on your parade, just my last 20 years of observations. Boat looks amazing, who is doing your upholstery? Dicks Upholstery is amazing and was Commander's OEM in later years.

Just keep one thing in mind. Black attracts heat. I spend lots of time at the travel lift yard, lots of of boats with bottom paint and every haul out from May to September the black hulls has 70% more growth due to sun. Sun equals heat and here comes the growth. The boat boat's with blue CSC have some slime but it's easy to remove with no blue water coming off. The black hulls... well; black water and not much paint left after. Just my observation. Most of the black hulled boats also get used every weekend, but the growth with heat doesn't polish. Not trying to rain on your parade, just my last 20 years of observations. Boat looks amazing, who is doing your upholstery? Dicks Upholstery is amazing and was Commander's OEM in later years.
I fell in love with the blue for a reason and love the blue bridge visor also. When clean it looks amazing.
Ron also mentioned a clear bottom paint, don’t know much about that, but definitely will be exploring that option. I would love to have a cream puff until I get settled in a marina.

One of my customers does mattresses and foam. They are going to cut out my foam pieces for me and I’m going to try to put the rest together myself :)
That’s plan A LoL

Man that sucks! I hope you can get this resolved in a timely and cost efficient manner.
Pin holes I can work with, not to sure about cracks. I have a welder that’s been eyeing out this pod for a couple weeks now and he’s ready to repair and weld on a nice taper as soon as I say to go ahead. I do want to at least play around with this pod.
But ya that sucks

Now that we are back to the pod dilemma. My opinion is just get a new pod made for your boat. With the amount of money your spending what's a few more $$$ to have it done right.

Attachments

• PXL_20220617_232603102.jpg
    PXL_20220617_232603102.jpg
    509.5 KB · Views: 156
  • PXL_20220617_232609330.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220617_232609330.MP.jpg
    410.6 KB · Views: 152
Pin holes I can work with, not to sure about cracks. I have a welder that’s been eyeing out this pod for a couple weeks now and he’s ready to repair and weld on a nice taper as soon as I say to go ahead. I do want to at least play around with this pod.
But ya that sucks
Walk away from that pod. Sell it to someone for 2k and start fresh. Wrong design, bad welds, does not fit. Start fresh! 3500 for a new one built?

Back