Commander 26 Re Build

Just spent three days of snippets of down time reading the full 99 pages of this thread. Holy ****, what an emotional roller coaster. Good on you sttr, what an epic adventure project, and everyone else for input and encouragement. What a community. Will keep an eye on this one, can’t wait to see it all come together

Just spent three days of snippets of down time reading the full 99 pages of this thread. Holy ****, what an emotional roller coaster. Good on you sttr, what an epic adventure project, and everyone else for input and encouragement. What a community. Will keep an eye on this one, can’t wait to see it all come together
33 pages a day!
Did you lock yourself in the bathroom for 3 days straight LoL

That’s awesome, a while back I read Dans thread from the beginning, it took me 20 mins each morning for 2 weeks straight, my wife was getting worried

Ya this community is great!
Until they told me to drop the deck 🤣
And started using fancy words like
“water puppy” I spent the entire evening googling wtf a water puppy is and still couldnt find it online

I know it takes a special person to take on something like this....I know I am not one! Too old and seem to have no time for fun, never mind taking something like this on!!

Like all others, looking forward to seeing ........... THE END! :cool:

Oh you have no idea, somethings I will take to my grave, he had a hard on especially for you since I made him do the stringers again.
Poor Ron, I hope he’s with someone that keeps him safe like I did
What is the status update on the floor anyway?

I know it takes a special person to take on something like this....I know I am not one! Too old and seem to have no time for fun, never mind taking something like this on!!

Like all others, looking forward to seeing ........... THE END! :cool:

Special AND handsome 😁

What is the status update on the floor anyway?
I’m still trying to wrap my head around how I’m gonna do this. First I’m going to simplify this build. Maxpri is right, forget about anodizing my inner frames and stuff like that. Before I spent so much time constantly wiping stuff down, trying to keep her clean in a dirty shop, can’t do that anymore, don’t wanna be building this boat for a decade. Still learning the hard way, the boat took a beating from the tarp sitting outside in the wind and dust for so long, she needs to be polished up all around including the rub rail. I also F up my interior gel coat yesterday with my button from my coveralls. The hull is not done, Ron left so many things to finish. So, I’m going to put stuff back together and have someone finish the gel coat at the end and polish everything up. It’s easier this way, takes pressure off me as I know I’m gonna scratch her up a few more times before I’m done.

This boat ain’t **** without a pod,
I need to get her ready to drop her off for a pod.

I been drooling over that 1978 commanders pod,
What a beautiful pod.

I’m still trying to wrap my head around how I’m gonna do this. First I’m going to simplify this build. Maxpri is right, forget about anodizing my inner frames and stuff like that. Before I spent so much time constantly wiping stuff down, trying to keep her clean in a dirty shop, can’t do that anymore, don’t wanna be building this boat for a decade. Still learning the hard way, the boat took a beating from the tarp sitting outside in the wind and dust for so long, she needs to be polished up all around including the rub rail. I also F up my interior gel coat yesterday with my button from my coveralls. The hull is not done, Ron left so many things to finish. So, I’m going to put stuff back together and have someone finish the gel coat at the end and polish everything up. It’s easier this way, takes pressure off me as I know I’m gonna scratch her up a few more times before I’m done.

What a beautiful pod.
Which 78 pod are you talking about? I would like to drool as well til I get mine done!

Have you considered a single diesel V drive and shaft? The cost to do the pod and the outboards plus the cost to feed those outboards will be substantial.

I’m not sure if a self bailing deck is something you need if thats being considered. So many of the Commanders around that rely on bilge pumps, but I haven’t heard of any sinking yet.

That pod is nice and looks similar to mine. I’m not sure I like where those access hatches are though. They seal pretty well but I think the chances of them leaking might be higher if they are in that lower area.

Not sure if it would be an issue or not but mine are slightly different.

IMG_0112.jpeg

Have you considered a single diesel V drive and shaft? The cost to do the pod and the outboards plus the cost to feed those outboards will be substantial.

I’m not sure if a self bailing deck is something you need if thats being considered. So many of the Commanders around that rely on bilge pumps, but I haven’t heard of any sinking yet.
I can’t tell if you are being serious or not but I think every Commander built has a self bailing deck. The drains aren’t visible and are in the track under the large floor hatch.

What a beautiful pod.
Awesome. Slam her back together, unless it is a crucial it will sink or not function, skip it. I didn’t ever understand the drop floor concept, I’m too simple. If the fuel tank is good, throw the floor back on and sikaflex her! You can always wrap the hull too.

Great to see progress. I’m going to work on my boat and my garage this week! Thanks for the inspiration

I can’t tell if you are being serious or not but I think every Commander built has a self bailing deck. The drains aren’t visible and are in the track under the large floor hatch.
Was not aware. All of the talk about raising the deck, I thought that was so there could be a self bailing feature. Thanks.

Agreed, glassing the floor back in at original height will be a heck of a lot easier than forming a joining skirt without a mold. I could just imagine what my attempt at that would look like

Back