Coated or Bare CannonBalls?

The Sufix 832 has kevlar in it & its a pretty cool braid...I believe it only goes up to 80lb..... :(

I ran Kevlar for a few years. FYI. It is prone to nicks any being much thinner messes up your depths on your downrigger counter.

Lead is not good for you. I'm sure that some is taken into the body when handling and it is tough to get rid I of it. Has anyone read any studies assessing how much lead is taken into the body. As I think about this, I think I might use disposable gloves for handling.

Ya know with all this ball bashing I have to personally say I think CCB's UV/Glow balls are GREAT. I have personally dragged them across the bottom for hours and no coating has peeled or even torn. The guy GUARANTEES them. Can you say that about any other coated balls? I pour lead as a lot of you already know but I don't coat. I liked his UV/Coated balls so much I allowed him to leave a pile of them at house for guys who want them.

Thanks Owen!! guarantee is a strong word on the coating but anything can happen if you drag drag drag and get caught up or whatever but yeah 100% satisfaction guarantee 4000 balls this year and at least 3000 were coated not one came back .Why on earth would I sell you 100 with a return policy if your not happy with em. I have been coating my own balls for 7 years but only went hard this year when I needed to do something else as the 2008 US economy crash killed my other business. As 90 % business was shipped to the US. Before when I wasn't really selling them hard I am 100 % sure the coating would come off as my main concern was just to coat them not to touch the lead and the electrical field as i did not drag then this year I took it to a whole new level.With more and more people wanting my balls I could not keep up.It's not all about the hardcore fisherman its about families with kids and wife's.I made a wack of colors and it was great tons of tons of guys let there kids pick the balls and there wives as it gets them more into the game and when they land a fish on the gear they picked or help tie or anything its super exciting. I know this first hand as I have kids and a wife.When your WIFE Owen catches a bigger spring then you on my PINK GLOW BALLS she will let you hear it lol.

All this video demonstrates is as stated don't take a torch and a knife to your balls as both balls are now ****** but mine is still fish able I wouldn't wana fish an ugly burnt up ball.My lead was shiny and quality lead. LOL.

RVP and Searun are connected to each other "came across this video on youtube" It shows what class acts PNT as connected in someway to there store and that they should be pretty proud. Jealously runs strong with RVP as he contected me via email to please keep my balls off the island. I talked to many people and shops and nobody I deal with buy's balls of him anyways !!!

I can list tons and tons of people and stores and testimonial of my balls and gear but I don't have to as I know the guys and shops know as I confirmed it.

There is no bad advertising and all this does is keep my balls at the top of the talk of a lot of people as tons of people are looking at this thread.This is also a small part of the fishing world. The best advertising is word of mouth and with not 1 negative feedback word of mouth must be pretty good.I got word that some guides and lodges are now using my balls and love them. I am in talk's with a shipper so I can distribute my balls all over north America at a huge discount so I will be able to get into every nook and cranny if need be.

RVP thanks for your threat it really got me excited that my balls could ruffle somebody's feather's so much.

Tight lines everybody.

anyone know where I can buy some of these "Hot Balls"????

I heard they catch a mountain of fish...best part is, they are cooked once they reach the boat.

Some even come with a 6 pack so you have something to drink as you eat your fish.

Tony me thinks you protest a little too much there bud. To be honest, that reaction makes me a little suspicious.

For the record I haven't purchased any balls from PNT, but I certainly have an account there and would say I'm a very loyal customer. Its the candy store.

So where do I get my cannon balls - I get a pretty good deal direct from the foundry and have them dipped elsewhere. I would dip them myself if I could source the proper stuff to do it...and if you don't believe me check my previous posts on the topic. I did get a few given to me to test that were lightly coated and the coating got all chewed up so now I'm back to getting them coated myself. Your reaction certainly didn't make me want to switch suppliers either. I'm sure your a good guy, but not much to be gained by taking shots at a potential customer simply stating my experience with different coated balls. Like I said previously, I wasn't intending any attack on your product, I have no idea if they are any good as I haven't fished them to my knowledge - just making my point about quality.

All the best with your business.

I picked up a can of spray on bedliner from canadian tire and coated a few of my weights. I did this just to protect myself and my wifey from the raw lead. It holds up well bouncing bottom. Not sure how it would stand up to a blow torch.

I couldn't locate the problem until the swim ladder was removed and we discovered that there was a wire crimped behind the bolts attaching it, creating a leak. So, we were creating an electric current from the boat most of the season and still had no problem whacking them.

Searun, this crimped wire you mentioned... Did it have a green colored insulation, and was it wired into all of the other metal in the boat, especially the metal thru-hulls, etc that comes in contact with seawater? If so, you may have removed your Bonding Conductor, a critital piece of the vessel grounding system connected to your negative post on your battery.

F D

Searun, this crimped wire you mentioned... Did it have a green colored insulation, and was it wired into all of the other metal in the boat, especially the metal thru-hulls, etc that comes in contact with seawater? If so, you may have removed your Bonding Conductor, a critital piece of the vessel grounding system connected to your negative post on your battery.

F D
I had the same thought. Also might be the grounding wire for the fuel tanks (if Aluminum tanks).

Thanks for the heads up. All fixed now. Grady White, so she is fiberglass - lucky it wasn't a metal boat. Was supplying power to the bilge pump (secondary - I have 2). It was hot coming direct off the battery. Wire was exposed but not severed. Found quite by accident removing the ladder to fix up corrosion on the swim ladder bracket. The wire got tucked up under the washer used to bolt in the ladder. Lucky thing as I couldn't find the leak.

Back