Campion 672 & Mercruiser 5.7L

Z

Zpg

Hey Guys

I am in the process of buying a newer boat and was hoping for some advice.

I am seriously looking at a 1999 Campion 672 WA with a 5.7L Mercruiser and Bravo 2 leg.

I can find very little about this boat online and what I have found is that it seems very heavy (4000lb)dry compared to other Campion Explorers of smilar length.

My concern is what fuel usage I can expect with that weight of boat and the Mercruiser.

Any other thoughts, comments or cautions would be very</u> appreciated.

Regards,
Ray

I HAVE A 24 SEARAY WITH THE 5.7 AT 5500LBS. AND BURN ABOUT 8 GALS PER AT 3300 RPMS 25 MPH.

LC is pretty much on the money.

Go on the Mercury Marine site and work your way through to the stern-drive powerplant pages. They site examples/performance data of different sized boats with different powerplants.

Don't know much about Campion boats. I think (or I heard a rumor) they are made in Kelowna, and same as the guy who started Zeta Boats, the Campion people also had their boatbuilding origins with Sangster. Maybe someone else here has more info on Campion.

I'd be sure the engine has closed-cooling and low hours.
You won't get a lot of encouragement on SFBC as most of the boys here are outboard guys. Outboards have come a long way in the last couple of decades.

Good luck.

Terry

Back