camping

R

roscoe-pco

Hi there heading to port renfrew on june 28 for my very first hali fishing trip, can anyone recommend a good campground with boat launch and any fishing hot spots. I'm a river fisherman but recently purchased a 18' alumi with a 200 merc, thanks guys

Yeah, go see Bud or Rex at the office ask about going down the river you have to watch the tides.Also I would strongly recomend a gps with the proper map chip,there are some rocks that you will want to avoid on the right hand side in the bay.Also ask about coming back into the river you don't want to be to far to the right when entering.Pay attention to the wind and tides sometimes can get very rough in the bay.How much saltwater experience do you have,not really a good place for beginners. DAN

been out in the straight many times and have pretty well been on a boat since I was little, now when you say river what are you talkin about??? San Juan bay is where we are heading is it not???

Port Renfrew Marina is on the river-low tide means some people can't get out, well really low tides causes some people some probs sometimes.

Your river experience will come in handy as you need to know how to switch sides to find the channel if it's getting dark.

Dan gives some good advice about those rocks-keep an open eye there.

It's a busy place you can alays falll back on http://www.portrenfrew.com/pacheedaht/ for camping.

Roscoe not questioning your seamanship.Go to upper right search function type in port renfrew go to page 7, look for Renfrew about a thrid of the way down the page read what the rock and alley cat have to say,I've seen way to many unpleasant incidents.DAN

Back