Campbellriver Fishing

was out for a couple hours yesterday afternoon, One large coconut, no chums. Going to greensea tomorrow morn. for the flood. Expectations are running high:)

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

quote:Originally posted by King_Cod

I will be there as well IFL. Looks like good weather tomorrow :D

Reel Chaos
Give me a wave so I know who you are.. Ill try to cut you some slack[:p]

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Fished out of Discovery Harbour this morning. Passed by Plumper Bay, trolled Deepwater Bay for a while and then went up to green sea waded thru the horde of OBMG boats and trolled up to howe island. Didn't see many fish caught, we got into a couple at Deepwater Bay. Landed a 14Lb'er, hit on a mini hot pink hoochie on a 6/0 hook with a 22in leader to a green and silver hot spot flasher. We trolled various depths between 45 and 75 feet, the few hits we had were at 55.

62988_1639665278358_1438584019_31696316_4378450_n.jpg

61266_1619810622004_1438584019_31654489_7610745_n.jpg

I was at Greensea most of the day. There seemed to be a bite on just after the top of the tide around noon, however we were'nt able to capitalize on it. Doug Rippingale seemed to have all the fish, good for him. Pitty I didnt have to clean any fish![:p]

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Flying some members of our A-team out from alberta to hit chum next weekend. Anyone else gonna be out there? Campin at Browns bay sat night. Appreciate the reports, sounds like it still hasnt heated up yet.

Got One Chum in the boat today. Also Had a pod of 20 Orcas come past Deepwater Bay. Slow day fishing but a great whale watching experience.

Reel Chaos

quote:Originally posted by Island Fish Lifter

I was at Greensea most of the day. There seemed to be a bite on just after the top of the tide around noon, however we were'nt able to capitalize on it. Doug Rippingale seemed to have all the fish, good for him. Pitty I didnt have to clean any fish![:p]

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

I came up beside Doug on Sunday, and was talking with him and Floyd and the SOB;) hit and landed a double header rite beside me, the nerve of that guy!:)...I swear that guy can breath under water!!

He's also great at speardiving for a 38lb spring under the dock, that has fallen/slipped out of another guys hands while trying to weight it on the edge of the dock...ask him about that one:D:D

I got nothing at Greensea and headed up to Little Bear, there was a nice sized school of chums there,but only got 2 in the boat, first salmon for each of the girls on board, but the highlights of that day was the sealife that was everywhere, from white sided dolphins at Chatum, to sealions at Little Bear, and then the huge pod of killer whales that were in Discovery Pass. late in the afternoon,

Anybody else seen the Humback that's been hanging around Price channel.
And are you in the dog derby SpringFever552?

aug201010.jpg

Hi Halilogger,as of this moment no, I'll be working[}:)]:( on the Friday evening and Sunday afternoon that weekend,
how about you?

Any new reports? I was wondering if you guys ever fish north of greensea? I havent but if the fishing is slow i would likely be game to look around for fish.

Were heading up tomorrow till sunday and camping at BB. Well be in this rig. Give us a shout if your out.

derby.jpg

Subject: FN0895-COMMERCIAL - Salmon Seine, Gill Net & Troll - Areas 12 & 13 - Johnstone Strait Mixed Stock Chum Fishery Update

Category(s):
COMMERCIAL - Salmon: Gill Net,
COMMERCIAL - Salmon: Seine,
COMMERCIAL - Salmon: Troll

Fishery Notice - Fisheries and Oceans Canada

Subject: FN0895-COMMERCIAL - Salmon Seine, Gill Net & Troll - Areas 12 & 13 - Johnstone Strait Mixed Stock Chum Fishery Update

Test fishing and commercial fishery catches to date are indicating a poor
return of chum salmon through Johnstone Strait. Model assessments of these
catches currently indicate a run size of chum salmon migrating through
Johnstone Strait of less than 1 million.

Based on the Pacific Salmon Treaty chum salmon agreement, commercial chum
fisheries in Johnstone Strait will be suspended when an abundance estimate of
less than 1 million chum salmon migrating through Johnstone Strait is
identified.

Any further commercial chum openings in Johnstone Strait are currently
suspended until further notice. Area B Seine is currently closed and Area D
Gill Net will close as scheduled at 09:00 hours Friday, October 8. Area H Troll
will close at 23:59 hours Friday, October 8.

Test fishing catches and abundance estimates will continue to be monitored and
will confirm if any further commercial chum fishing opportunities in Johnstone
Strait will be available. The next scheduled update is Thursday, October 14.

Dosen't look good for numbers this year.
Heard reports that there are fish around and jumping.
Nothing that will hit a line, between zipper lip and the wind it may be skinny in the tub there guys.
GLG

Awful trip. We came home early. Camping on the open point in a tent in 80-90kmh winds and insane rain was well... insane. Fished only 2 hours and hit a 14-15lb coho and lost a chum.

Back