BROWNS BAY CHUM DERBY 2009

Here is a jpg I made to help my fellow chummer’s at the derby.

Usual disclaimer of: don’t depend on this for navigation.
GLG

ChumDerbyCurrent2009.jpg

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it again this year. Too damn much in the way! I am currently working on final processing of 9 whole tuna, 8 springs into candy (all that I personally kept this year btw) and nine Fallow Deer. Might have that done by sometime next week, then packing up for the Alberta run.

Will miss it, but having jumped on The Wagon (7 days and counting) just a short spell ago, methinks my hurtin' liver will thank me in the long run. [^]

Osama: If you see this, give me a shout at The Hacienda... ;)

Cheers,
Nog

Wont be making it over again this year.
Will have to make plans to get over next year if for nothing else a good fire and some Salmontinis with the gang.
Good luck to you all and looking forward to reading about and seeing those incriminating pics after the derby.

Be safe and hopefully see you all next year.:)
Cheers,
Bruce.

Leaving Victoria in a few hours for Browns Bay with Tailout and the rest of the crew. Will be there in the early afternoon for a little prefish. We are in the cabin at the office again so stop by and say hi. Good luck to everyone.

Hi Everyone

Thought Id stop by and say hi.... All I can say as one of the original Chumfest organizers is that I am so happy to see it growing every year. As its one of the most under rated salmon fishing expierences. Well once again this year due to other commitments I am sad to say I wont be in the derby this year. Joe and I will be back next year with the new MyEscape. [:p] Yes it is true MyEscape was sold to a die hard young fishing family that are already reaping the rewards the old girl has always provided me over the 8 years of ownership. I will be up for a visit to say hello more then likely on both Friday and Saturday Night. Wish you all the best of luck and Copper leave some prizes for others to win. ;)

Best Regards
MyEscape aka Kevin

Fishing is still MyEscape

Weather forecast is not bad for this weekend. Browns Bay/Plumper/Deepwater get pretty good protection from a SE wind

quote:Extended Forecast
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 15 October 2009
Saturday

Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots diminishing to variable 5 to 15 in the afternoon.

Sunday

Wind southeast 10 to 20 knots becoming 15 to 25 late in the day.

However-- this is a long range forecast subject to change.

Old Black Dog and myself will be fishing Sunday, but not entered in the derby.

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

I will be in spot # 29 near the crappers. Black Dodge and white Wildwood Blitz trailer.

Reel Chaos

The eve of the event. I'm pretty stoked, I love this Derby. It is a lot of fun with a bunch of great people.

We should be up around noon or one tomorrow. My boat isn't coming this year. We'll be on a 26 foot Century, a real beauty. We are on Pier B, site 3.

See you all up there,

Cheers

Hey Kelly, I recently upgraded my education and EVERYTIME a prof started to drone guess where I went in my head???
FISHING!
Remember that you do have things to look back on and things to look forward to...not like most of the other saps in classes with you :)

Smiley.

quote:Originally posted by Autumn Ty-ee

Could someone tell me what channel on the VHF do the sporties monitor in this area. Thanks.

Autumn Ty-ee
will be on 68 or 69
Most will be on 68

There is usually so much chit chat in the derby that we often just monitor 16 so we can listen to the stereo!

Try 06 and 14 also.

Smiley.

Back