BROWNS BAY CHUM DERBY 2009

GLG you forgot to mention who tied the lucky gear and who's boat you were using..:) Good thing someone got out of bed at 4am and put a little thought into that lure and I mean a little..LOL

Oh your were keeping that a secret. Dam I guess I let it out of the bag. But not out of the cooler.:)

GLG you forgot to mention who tied the lucky gear and who's boat you were using..:) Good thing someone got out of bed at 4am and put a little thought into that lure and I mean a little..LOL

Oh your were keeping that a secret. Dam I guess I let it out of the bag. But not out of the cooler.:)

Fishasssassin123 does deserve the credit on gear choice. He tied that one up special for my uncle and me. He also lent us his boat for the 2 days that we were up there. All I can say is “That boat caches fish” and because of that it sure put smiles on old grumpy men.
Thanks FA that was the biggest fish my uncle has ever caught.
GLG
:D
PS the old guy did not go home empty handed, I took a whack of fish from my freezer to take home on the airplane.
PSS I won’t mention what type of boat it is, as there would be to many guys following it come derby time.
PSSS I won’t mention what the gear was, as that FA’s secret.

Fishasssassin123 does deserve the credit on gear choice. He tied that one up special for my uncle and me. He also lent us his boat for the 2 days that we were up there. All I can say is “That boat caches fish” and because of that it sure put smiles on old grumpy men.
Thanks FA that was the biggest fish my uncle has ever caught.
GLG
:D
PS the old guy did not go home empty handed, I took a whack of fish from my freezer to take home on the airplane.
PSS I won’t mention what type of boat it is, as there would be to many guys following it come derby time.
PSSS I won’t mention what the gear was, as that FA’s secret.

I hate when the commies are pr!cks up there and decide its better to run through the crowds and make everyone dash out of the way.Its already touch enough to fish in currents with a crowd.Someone should definatly make a few calls about that a hole. Anyways well be up saturday? Is it worth the run to greensea or deep/plumpers just as good latley?

Ps that springs got me interested:D I think there will be a big old herring rollin on one of the rods for a while.

quote:Is it worth the run to greensea
YES!!! :D

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Any updated reports from Deep Sea and Plumper? Coming up in a few days, so would be interested to know what's happening and any advice on what to drag around.

Will update later today, going to Green Sea, Plumber and Deep water this morming and afternoon. Hope the wind stays down. Will be dragging a red flasher and a purple haze flasher on pink squirts

Searun It’s no big secret. Use a Michael Bait squirt, pink/blue or pink/black. At Brown’s Bay when you go pay for your launch you will see them on the counter for sale. You could also stop at any decent fishing store and ask them for chum gear. They should know what to sell you. If it has a black hook your golden.
GLG

We fished Plumper and DeepWater Bay yesterday. The wind came up and made it pretty ugly.
We managed 1 out of Plumper and 4 from DW. Also lost one.
All around 10 lbs., we were very much alone out there until around 0830 when the Painter boats showed up in droves.
No sign of any Coho for us.

I was at greensea yesterday morning, we started fishing at about 8:00 and had 8 fish in the boat by 9:00, plumper and deepwater were appearantly not as good.

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

It's on you bastards.\\

Degree of Freedom is helping make it so. I just have to catch him a couple dirty halis come spring.\\

Flying ih on Friday. Try to fish with you all if I can!

Anyone have a warm dry place to sleep!?!

Jeff

Gimee the gaff!!!

Back