BROWNS BAY CHUM DERBY 2009

Just great ~~~~gives weekend warrior & derby Sporties a little more competition. [:eek:)] What a "F UP "as normal.

guess I'll bring the prawn traps......

DSC01361.jpg

22' Hewescraft Searunner

Gill netters from the 15 to the 17th..............[V][V][V]
Won't be much left after they load up.
Last year they finished the Friday before the derby and there was squat left.
You can bet they will hit it hard and fast so they don't have to net on Saturday, with all the sporties in the water.

As a result of mismanagement of the other species to near extinction, what we have left is the Chum fishery so the commercials can make at least fuel costs.
At least, unlike Gold River, where the gill netters shipped their boats by trailer from Campbell River for a FOUR HOUR opening three weeks ago, they can just sail up.

Do you see where this is going folks!

Oh, and forget the prawns traps there H.H. If the currents don't get em the rocks will!
Where's my Rum...

boc

I think the Chum Derby dates should be kept secret from the planning folks. Is it just a coincidence?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

All I can add is that last year my boat only got, I think, one fish.
The lack of fishing success in no way reduced our enjoyment of the weekend, both partners from last year were keen to go again this year.
Fishing is just the excuse to get out there, not the reason!

Smiley.

Yes, we need a little more Hockey Night In Canada action on the water....especially if it keeps the locals (Osama) entertained. Never had anyone stick their head in over my shoulder when I'm hooking a fish. The recoil nearly knocked some sense into him...or knocked him into next week spitting out chicklets. Osama was quick on the radio to do the play by play action commentary, it was a thing of beauty. Probably a highlight of the season taking an embarrassing moment on the boat and turning it into one of the funniest moments of the year. Hopefully there are some fish left in Browns Bay to make the trip worth while. We will be there with bells on to replay the Hockey Night In Canada action.

Searun

quote:Originally posted by lazoman

I think the Chum Derby dates should be kept secret from the planning folks. Is it just a coincidence?
The derby has also been timed to maximize the tides and the height of run. Commercial openings are set the same way. Maximum target at the height of the run.
No coincidence, just commerce and pleasure intermixed.

boc

They are starting!!! Fished Deepwater today on a crappy flood. Had a double header, but lost them both. Quite a few side floppers showing for about an hour.

Released two wild coho, so it was a great day!

BTW for those who complain about not getting checked-- yesterday I got creeled at the Comox ramp and today got checked by the DFO boys in thier Zodiac at Deepwater Bay.

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Anyone bin up to browns or deepwater or greensea since cuba was there?Fresh reports??the kids are eating my smoked as fast as I am making it.Those little pinks taste great, but sure look small after smoking.Some dogs would look good on the big chief.

No place I would rather be (FISH ON)

I'm a for sure no go on this sadly. I'll be in Calgary until November for sure.

Have a bunch of fun for me!

That SEARUN can sure throw a mean shoulder if you dive for the rod uninvited! Wait for the hand off!!!

Gimee the gaff!!!

Hey, B.T.

Looks like we may get to try and teach the teacher!
He's on the wait list.

More and more guys I talk to are either in or trying to get in.

Will be scouting BB Thanksgiving.

The need for venison is taking me off the water this coming weekend...middle daughter's first off-island trip!

Smiley.

Took my lessons from Gordie Howe.......HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA. Bring it on! Osama is a great play by play announcer....I'm going start calling him Foster Hewitt...you should hear him on the radio, that man is FUNNY!

We will miss you for the Chum Run.

Searun

Osama, all I can say is " poor planning".

Hopefully next year buddy, you'll be missed.

Cheers

Anything to report CS????

quote:Originally posted by Osama Bin Hopper

I'm a for sure no go on this sadly. I'll be in Calgary until November for sure.

Have a bunch of fun for me!

That SEARUN can sure throw a mean shoulder if you dive for the rod uninvited! Wait for the hand off!!!

Gimee the gaff!!!

Westjet seat sale...$366 all-in return, Calgary to Comox...

Back